7 - "I'd love to be your girlfriend, Daniel"

*Melissa's POV*

Gabbie and I were walking outside with Daniel and Jack. Pool day was over and I was exhausted. Swimming can take a lot out of a girl. Especially when Jonah keeps wanting to race you and you have your heart set on beating him but that never happens.

"You and Daniel are so cute. Call me if he ever asks you officially to be his girlfriend!" Gabbie squealed, giving me a hug, then taking Jack's hand and walking to his car with him.

"Okay, Melissa, you ready to head home?" Daniel asked, catching up to me.

"I guess," I shrugged.

"It's been a long day, you'll probably go right to sleep as soon as you lay down on your bed," Daniel laughed.

"I don't know, maybe," I shrugged and laughed.

"Hey so, umm," Daniel trailed off and rubbed the back of his neck as we reached his car.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out on another date sometime," Daniel shrugged.

"Yeah, Seavey, I'd love to," I nodded.

"That's great," Daniel nodded, "So, are we like...I mean, are we boyfriend and girlfriend or what's happening?"

"Do you want to be boyfriend and girlfriend?" I asked him.

"Do you want to?" he asked me.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend, Daniel," I told him.

Daniel smiled at me. We both looked at each other for awhile and then Daniel put his hand on my cheek and leaned in. Our first kiss. It was funny. I had known Daniel for almost two years and never thought of him like this until now. It's crazy how one sentence can change everything.

"Let's get you home," Daniel smiled and opened the passenger door for me. As soon as I got in the car I pulled my phone out and texted Gabbie. I decided to text Christina too because she would be happy for me. Then I turned off my phone and just enjoyed the drive with my new boyfriend.

(Time skip - the next day)

Gabbie had texted me again. I hated to admit that she was actually really nice and I could see myself becoming good friends with her. She wanted to have a day at the mall and I had said yes so I was now getting ready for that. Daniel had also sent me a good morning text which made my day.

When a horn honked outside, I knew Gabbie was here.

"Bye Beckett, I'll be home later!" I called out and then ran to the car. When I got in, Gabbie leaned over and gave me a hug.

"I'm so happy you and Daniel are officially official," she smiled.

"Thanks," I laughed and hugged her back.

"Anyway, this is a girl day where we won't focus on our boyfriends. Sometimes it's nice to just forget about them and buy whatever we want at the mall," Gabbie laughed and pulled back from the hug.

"Yeah, well, not like I would know. Daniel's basically my first boyfriend," I admitted.

"Ooh, new to the whole girlfriend thing?" Gabbie cooed.

"Yeah," I looked down.

"Don't worry, I'm pretty sure he's new to the whole boyfriend thing too. That kid never stops singing so he hardly has time to go on dates. Well, until now I guess," Gabbie shrugged and started driving.

"I'm surprised you got Jack to stop singing to take you on dates," I laughed.

"Enough about boyfriends, this is girl day. Jack and I are in a little argument so I need this," Gabbie told me.

"Oh, I'm sorry Gabbie," I said.

"It's whatever. We'll work it out, we always do," Gabbie shrugged again, "I say we hit Forever 21 at the mall first. I need a cute new sweatshirt for winter which is soon approaching."

"Faster then we need it to approach," I laughed.

"True, true," Gabbie laughed.

"Thanks for inviting me, by the way," I said.

"No problem. I think we get each other," Gabbie nodded.

"Yep," I smiled.

"Radio time!"Gabbie squealed and turned on the radio.

Back To You by Selena Gomez was on. I couldn't help but think of Jack. Him and his Selena Gomez obsessed self. He would be screaming the lyrics like there was no tomorrow if he had been in the car. I missed Jack and I's friendship. I needed to fix things as soon as possible.