25 - "No, Melissa, it's not that"

*Melissa's POV*

Zach and Jonah dropped me off at my house after the mall. I saw a familiar car in the driveways. Jack's. So he was ACTUALLY going to try now, not just stop me in the mall.

I walked into my house and right away I saw Jack. He was standing up, both hands in his pockets, looking more insecure then I'd ever seen him.

"Hey, Melissa, I need to tell you something," Jack said.

"I know. Zach already told me. You and Gabbie are just friends. I'm still mad but...I can forgive you," I smiled.

"No, Melissa, it's not that," Jack looked down, his face going red.

"Oh, don't be shy about it. I get it. You can be friends with Gabbie just like I'm friends with Jonah, Zach, Corbyn, and Daniel. We're all good, Jack," I nodded.

"Melissa, this between us probably isn't going to work," Jack admitted, finally looking into my eyes.

Just the eye contact was enough to make my heart skip a few beats. The words coming out of his mouth were bringing tears to my eyes.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Gabbie and I...there's still something...I don't know how to describe this. There's something between me and Gabbie still. We were talking about it at the mall. Gabbie and I decided to give our relationship a second chance," Jack said.

I couldn't concentrate. The guy who said he loved me only a few weeks ago was now saying that he loved another girl.

"You decided to what?" I asked.

"We decided to give it another chance. You were taking too long and not talking to me. All I had was Gabbie. You know what? She was there when you weren't," Jack said.

"Jack, I thought you came here to apologize but now you're doing this? Telling me I suck as a friend and I should just leave you alone?" I asked in disbelief.

"I never said you should leave me alone. I'm just stating facts," Jack shrugged.

"You know, when I first met Gabbie she told me that you brought out a different side in her. Well, she brings out a different side in you too. A terrible side, a side of Jack Avery that I don't like," I shook my head.

"You don't mean that," Jack said.

"I mean every bit of it. So, go try out your relationship again. But if you can date other people that means I can too. Don't try to fuck up another one of my relationships like you did to mine and Daniel's," I told Jack.

"You always told me I wasn't ruining it," Jack said and took a step backwards.

"Well, I lied," I shrugged.

"Melissa, you don't mean any of this," Jack shook his head.

"I mean every bit of it. Now get out of my house and unless you're with someone I actually want to hang out with then don't come back," I glared at him.

"Fine," Jack nodded.

"Fine," I agreed.

Jack turned and walked out the door. An apology turned into a fight. Again. Jack and I's relationship, even our friendship, wasn't stable. Plus, how could he just move on to another girl like that? That's just messed up.

Something would have to change if I wanted Jack and I to work. I did want Jack and I to work too.

I guess I would just have to wait...or fix something.

**A/n: Shorter chapter, sorry :(. Anywayyy, I've seen other stories where they do these question things. Like, you can ask the author and the characters in the book questions. Would you guys be interested in that? I kind of think it's a cool idea. I want to do it so if you're interested then tell me. I might update twice today but who knows. Byeeee :)**