Chapter 47: Who Cares?

[Shawn]

I love the way your hair gets after sex." Kat started running her fingers through my hair.

"You only love me for my hair," I whined.

Kat smiled. "Maybe so."

I began to tickle her mercilessly until she took back her statement.

Barely able to breathe, she managed to stammer out, "I'm sorry... I love you!"

I stopped teasing her sides and pulled her in close to my chest, planting a kiss on first her forehead, then her lips. I wasn't sure what she was thinking, but if things went well I was ready for round two. Always.

We were quiet for a while longer, enjoying the silence, before she spoke up again. "Where do you actually want to have the wedding?"

"Somewhere with just you and me. Out on a beach somewhere, no one else around, the wind in our hair, we end up fucking on the beach..."

She slapped my chest. "Seriously."

"Seriously. Haven't you always wanted to fuck on a beach?"

She dropped her head into my chest, deciding trying to get me to be serious was a lost cause. "Shawn..."

"Fine, fine. But for real, you and me, on a beach somewhere."

"I already promised Steph."

"Fine, you, me, Steph, and Paul."

"Your mother would kill you if you didn't invite her," she said. She was right.

"Fine. Us, my family, and your family."

Kat raised an eyebrow. "What about the boys? Paul, Kev, Scott, Kid?"

"They count as my family."

"You really don't want a big wedding?" she asked.

I sighed, tracing her bare waist with my hand absentmindedly. "It honestly doesn't matter to me, babe. We could fly out to Vegas right now and have Elvis officiate. I don't care."

"Oh, you would like that. You, me, and your one true love," she muttered.

"Hey! So I have two loves: you and Elvis. So what?"

She shook her head, pulling back a little to look at me. "I feel like either I'm making this too big of a deal or you're making it too little of one. This is the rest of our lives we're talking about. Does it not concern you in the slightest?"

"What is there to be concerned about?" I asked. "We already live together, even though we're never home. We already fuck regularly, obviously. We already spend 95 percent of our time together. The only thing we haven't done is sign a piece of paper."

She shook her head again. "It's not just--"

"That's all it is. Just a piece of paper," I told her. "You worry too much." I kissed her again.

Kat pouted. "I think I worry just the right amount for someone in my situation."

I sighed, giving in. "Fine... we'll do some real wedding planning." Her face lit up, then fell again when I added, "Right after I shower."

She smacked me in the face with one of the pillows. "Michael Shawn, you tease!"

"Ow! Hey, you're the one that made me like this!"

"I am not a tease!"

"You tease me all the time!" I argued. "And you could always join me, kitten." I winked, causing her to throw another pillow at me. "Alright, I'm going!"

I showered quickly, just wanting to slip back between the sheets and fall asleep next to Kat.

I tried not to glance at the man in mirror. I didn't know that guy, and I didn't like how he looked at me.

Especially since Montreal.

"You okay?" Kat asked lightly. She was afraid I would fall apart again. I wouldn't. I couldn't, not in front of her again.

I was not okay. Guilt ate away at me for screwing Bret over. The worst part of it was that I couldn't even admit to having a hand in it. I lied to his face, telling him I was innocent.

"It had to be done," I told her. "If not, the title could be in the trash right now. And our company along with it."

"You don't have to justify yourself to me, Shawn."

I turned to her. "Yes, I do."

Kat yelling for me broke me from my thoughts. I wrapped a towel around my waist and went to see what she wanted.

When I left the bathroom, I found Kat under the blankets still, cuddled up in my clothes. And Paul, sitting at the end of our bed.

"Nice towel."

"Shut up," I shot back. "I wasn't expecting company." I thought it would just be Kat and me for the rest of the night.

Kat shushed our bickering, gesturing  to the TV. "It's back, you have to see this!" She scooted over and patted the space beside her for me to sit down.

I sighed and did just that, joining her under the covers. Paul was blocking the entire TV.

"Move your head, fatass." He did, and I finally saw what Kat was so excited for us to see. "Babe... that's the Raw we filmed last week."

On screen was the three of us, Joanie, and Rick doing our skit. There wasn't much special about it, just us doing our DX thing.

"Exactly. But if I turn over to here..." she flipped the channel to WCW's Nitro. Standing there, for us and the rest of the world to see, was Rick Rude.

He was on both shows at once.

"Shit," Paul exclaimed. I agreed.

I didn't know how to react. "He actually did it."

When we learned Rick had jumped ship to WCW, we of course knew there was the possibility that he would be on both programs. But none of us really thought he would. At least, I didn't.

We watched him on WCW for a while, just thinking to ourselves.

"What are we going to do?" Kat whispered.

"Who cares?" I answered. When she looked shocked, I continued, "I mean, what can we really do? He's already done it. There's no going back. We can make fun of him in our next segment, but anything other than that is out of our jurisdiction."

"We can't just, let him get away with it."

"Are you going to march down to WCW to tell him off?"

"He's right, Kat," Paul added. "There's nothing we can do. Forget about it."

This didn't sit well with her, I could tell. Kat was always about justice. She didn't get that the world just isn't fair sometimes.

"Alright," she muttered.

My poor girl was going to have to figure that out fast, unless she wanted to learn the hard way.

-A/N-
Hey hey, two weeks isn't that bad! I'm getting better, guys. None of yall have sent me any Wonderland content, though, and I have to say I'm disappointed. Jk, I love you guys😂❤