Chapter 17: What Are You Hungry For?

-----
Kat's POV
-----

I woke up with Shawn's arms wrapped around my waist. My head was laying on his chest. It was so warm and comfortable; I didn't want to move.

There was a series of knocks on the door. I looked up at Shawn, but he certainly wasn't going to get up. He was still out cold. With a groan I slipped out of his grip and from between the covers.

I was trying to find my clothes, but I wasn't having much luck in the dim light. The knocking started up again, like they were getting impatient.

"I'm coming!"

I threw on Shawn's navy blue sweatshirt, which luckily went nearly to my knees. I opened the door to see Paul looming over me.

"Yeah?" I asked. "What do you want?" If he was pounding on our door this early in the morning, it had better be damn important.

He looked down at me and what I was wearing, and I saw him peer farther into the room to see Shawn still in bed. A grin grew across him face. "Um, I'm going out. To do... something. You two can stay here as long as you want." He winked at me.

"Paul!" I slapped his arm. "You--"

"Hey, was it good or not?"

I started to shut the door. "Goodbye Paul."

"So it was good, then!" I heard him laugh as I turned the lock.

With a smile on my face that just wouldn't go away, I climbed back into bed and cuddled up next to Shawn again.

"Who was it?" he muttered. He was barely conscious. His voice was even deeper in the morning, if that was possible.

"Just Paul." I yawned.

"What'd he want?"

"To tell us he didn't want anything," I replied. That man, I swear. If I didn't know better, I'd think he'd been setting us up from the beginning.

I felt Shawn's chest move up and down as he chuckled. "So I guess we have the whole day to ourselves."

"We have to get up for Raw eventually," I reminded him.

He groaned. I knew how he felt; I didn't want to go either. "I thought we taped that last week."

I shook my head, nuzzling into his chest. "Nope." I could hear every beat of his heart and every breath he took into his lungs. The rhythm was very calming.

"You look good in my shirt," he told me. I couldn't see it, but I was sure he was doing that little smirk of his.

He tilted my head up so he could reach my lips. Every time our lips came together was better than the last. I wanted to stay in that moment forever.

A stray thought crawled its way into my brain. A thought of doubt. I pulled my face away from his.

"I know I'm not nearly as good as the other girls you've been with--"

"Kat..." Shawn wrapped his arms around me even tighter and spoke into my hair. "We've talked about this."

"I know, I just..." I couldn't shake away all my doubts. What if he didn't like it? What if he was just saying he did to make me feel better? What if he didn't really love me anymore?

I tried to convey my feelings again. "I've never... and you've--"

"I've been with plenty of girls, but you are the only one I want," he kissed the top of my head.

"But what if you're just sweet talking me?" I whispered.

"Do you really have zero faith in me, kitten?" He waited for me to answer, but I had none for him. "Okay, you're right, it felt different. But not because of anything you did." He made me look at him. "But because you're the only woman I've been with that I love."