Chapter 6: Stay With Me

[Kat]

I woke up in the morning feeling refreshed, like nothing could stop me. Shawn had shown me how to have fun. Every moment with him was a surprise; I never knew what was going to happen next. It thrilled me.

I got dressed in a simple little dress, something Dad had probably bought for me in attempts to bribe my affections. Since I was a young teen, my father had tried buying me everything under the sun, as if it would mend our relationship. It didn't work. Those things were no replacement for time spent together.

The dress was light blue, my favorite color. I admired how similar of a shade it was to Shawn's eyes. Was I being too eager? It was still early, after all. I didn't really know how late the boys liked to sleep. I just couldn't keep all of my excitement cooped up. I needed to see Shawn again.

I entered the hallway as quiet as a mouse. For a moment, everything was still. I thought about just retreating back to my room before I saw Shawn coming down the hall from the opposite direction. He wobbled over to me, so close he was nearly on top of me. Before I could even get out a 'hello', he crashed his lips against mine sloppily, taking me by surprise. I typically would have no problem with that; I wanted to kiss Shawn. But he was rough, not gentle like the Shawn I knew, and his lips tasted like alcohol.

I pushed him away, with some difficulty. "Are you drunk?" I questioned.

He gave me a lopsided smirk. "Maybe a little." He held up his fingers to demonstrate 'little', swaying on his feet.

He started to fall. I reached out to catch him, in full panic. Shawn being twice my size didn't help matters, and I was going to be pulled down with him. I couldn't hold his full weight.

"Kev! Paul!" I yelled, trying to get some help.

Kev swung open the door almost immediately, rushing to my aid. He took the burden of Shawn from my arms and helped him stand. "What the hell happened?"

"He's drunk," I explained.

Kev rolled his eyes at my innocence as Paul walked over as well. "I got that. Did he hurt you?" His voice was laced with concern, for both me and Shawn.

I shook my head, confused. Shawn would never hurt me. "No, I just couldn't hold him."

He nodded and handed Shawn over to Paul, who threw one of Shawn's arms over his shoulder and helped him into the hotel room. "I'll get him cleaned up," he said over his shoulder. He acted like this was regular occurrence.

Kev looked me up and down once they were gone. I tried to steady my breathing, but I was shaken up. I knew he could tell. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." Physically, that was. "He's just really heavy and I was kinda freaked--"

My rambling was interrupted by Scott appearing in the doorway of their room. "What's going on?" he asked. He seemed to have just woken up. His hair was a mess, and he had no shirt on. I darted my eyes away, both embarrassed by what just happened and the half-naked state they were all in.

"Shawn got himself into trouble," Kev answered, leaving it vague.

Scott nodded, chuckling dryly. "Yeah, when doesn't he, eh?" He walked back into the room, though not before sending me a playful wink, and Kev made sure to shut the door this time.

"Does--does Shawn... does he do this a lot?" I timidly asked. I was scared of the answer. Scott's reaction didn't exactly calm my nerves.

Kev sighed deeply and ran a hand through his long dark hair. "Why don't we sit and talk for a while," he said, motioning toward the door of my room.