Chapter 22: Are You Asking Me To Move In?

-----
Shawn's POV
-----

Kat had been sick ever since the party. I guess she caught a stomach bug there. It couldn't be the booze, because she'd barely had anything else. I think she was honestly too scared she'd get hungover again.

I was trying to take care of her, like the good boyfriend I was supposed to be, but hell if I knew what to do. I tried to make her stay in bed, but she didn't exactly listen when we had work to do. I had Paul make soup, because I knew if Kat or I did, we'd burn the place down. She didn't eat it.

She insisted that she was fine. I wasn't so sure.

We finally got a short weekend off, so I invited Kat to come with me to my place in San Antonio with me. Paul was of course invited too, but he said he had other plans.

That fucker didn't have other plans. He never had plans. He just wanted to set us up, I swear. Every damn time.

The plane ride wasn't too bad. Luckily I slept through it. I don't know if Kat did or not. Hopefully she got at least some sleep.

My place wasn't the biggest, but it wasn't bad. I was nearly never home because of our crazy fucking schedule.

"So, this is home," she said, taking it in. She set down her suitcase by the entrance as she walked further into the living room.

"This is it," I replied.

She turned back to me with a smile. "I like it."

I had to laugh. "You haven't even seen the rest of it."

"I can't like it anyway?" she asked. Now she was joking.

I shook my head. "C'mon, let me give you the grand tour."

I showed her around the house, which didn't take too long. She clung to every word I said, even though most of it was just me bullshitting.

"So here's my bedroom," I told her, opening the door. "I don't know how comfy the bed is, but I'm sure you'll be fine for one night. You don't really seem to have problems falling asleep anymore. Not since you got over sleeping in the car." I was just rambling, really. Talking about nothing. The guys were really right whenever they said I liked to hear myself talk. I just didn't like the silence.

She made a sound like, "Mhm," as if she was thinking. Then she turned to me with this mischievous little grin on her face. "We could always test it out," she teased.

I chuckled and threw my arms over her shoulders, nuzzling into her shoulder. "You're my favorite." She was slowly becoming more like me. It was kinda scary.

"I know," she replied triumphantly.

"Y'know, if you like the house that much, it can be yours too," I explained.

"Are you asking me to move in?"

"I mean, yeah. It's gotta be better than having to go to your parents' house all the time," I tried to persuade her.

She brightened up. "Of course. I can bring my stuff back next time."

I smiled. My girl was going to live with me. Not that I didn't see her happy face everyday anyway, but it was nice to have it be official.

I walked back to the living room and collapsed onto the couch, pulling her down with me. I sighed, letting myself relax.

"What do you want to do?" Kat asked, starting to play with my hair. I loved when she did that.

"I was thinking of taking a nap," I admitted. There were plenty of things we could have been doing, but I felt a little rest and relaxation was what we needed.