@YoureGonnaGoFarKid

http://wattpad.com/YoureGonnaGoFarKid

Q1: What type of books do you read on Wattpadd?

Honestly I'm a sucker for romances *insert blush here* but I've been fond of things like Waist-Deep in Walmart by XxSkater2Girl16xX and Revenge by 3bulletproofheart3. I'm also positively in love with Nash from Never Have I Ever by farawayfromnowhere and Tristan from Don't Let Go by AthenasAngel- I have a thing for emotionally scared and amazingly hot male characters ;)

Q2: What's your favorite genre?

*more blushing!* I love romance and anything but non-fiction- I feel like if I can find the right romance novel, it could happen to me, and as far as not liking non-fiction, I just, honestly, find real life... Well, boring :/

Q3: What do you think needs to be improved on Wattpad?

Uh... Well... No character limit on our comments! Especially when we're creating a character for collaborative writing! And, the ability to edit and add work from the mobile app would be awesome!

Q4: What do you like best in people, (eg. personality)?

A good sense of humor would have to be high up on my list, but knowing the difference between right and wrong is super important, too. Knowing when to stop, also, is a good personality trait, because I know that I, personally, can get in a bit over my head, be it school, friends, or family issues.

Q5: What inspires you to write/read?

Oh god, where do I start?!?!? You're killing me here!

Let's start with writing. My friends have been a huge inspiration (shoutouts to Kaitlyn A .and Zayah F. for being there when I need editors, whether you like the stories or not XD), and my mom (oddly enough, I think the fact that she tells me that there's not that much of a career path for creative writing because, let's face it, getting published is hard, pushes me the most. I think I just want to prove her wrong, or something, even though she doesn't exactly discourage me but nudge me slowly in the other direction.) My own desire to fall in love, I guess, has decently pushed me towards, if not into, the romance category. I have this strong belief that love is something beautiful, but being my age and having the maturity level "of an adult, when it comes to love and life" as my friends and family so kindly put it, it's been hard. At my age, when people think relationship the first word that comes to mind is love. I think trust, first. And my trust is something that is most certainly not easy to gain. Writing, though? Writing is something that will never betray me. And my characters will never leave my side. Another big inspiration for me has been Wattpad itself, actually. I discovered the site about three years ago by accident and I've been an obsessive reader since. I've only just recently gotten the courage to join, and when I go back to school and they ask "What are you life goals?" my first answer will be "To win the Watty Awards one day." (The second, of course, will be "To be happy"), because honestly, I want to be known. I want to be remembered. I'm not religious, and part of my reason for not being so is that I don't really see the point in life. We're born, we live, we die. And then it's over. But I seem to have this nagging sense in the back of my head that if I can do something worth remembering, if I can write something that will go down in history with Shakespeare and Edgar Allen Poe and Stephen King, then I'll have accomplished something. Like maybe I can keep on living through my writing, because with every piece I write I put a little of myself into my characters.

Now onto why I read. I read, honestly, because society is jacked up. There's your answer, short and sweet. No long, boring monologue for this, people. Reading is just an escape, from life and from what the laws of nature allow us to do. There's not much more to say than reading is how I breathe when life is suffocating me.

Q6: When did you start writing?

Uh, let's see... Since I could read, I guess. So first grade, maybe? I remember some story about a horse and a unicorn that I have somewhere from when I was first learning to write... If I can find it maybe I'll post it. I'm pretty sure the unicorn gets eaten by a worm XD (What can I say, I was and still am a strange child!)

Q7: Do you believe you can find love on watt pad

YES. YES. YES.

Did I mention yes?

One of my obsessions is currently My Wattpad Love by cold_lady19!

I think I've even had a few dreams of getting a Wattpad boyfriend, haha :)

But like I said, trust is a very big part of me and my concept of love, and the problem with the Internet is that you don't really know who you're getting involved with. I think if it were a Wattpad romance, thoug, I could probably just enjoy it for what it is and not get so attached that I would die if anything separated me and this theoretical Wattpad boy. There's also the unfortunate fact that there aren't that many guys on Wattpad D:

Q8: What story of yours is most successful on Wattpadd? (explain a bit about the story?)

Haha, well I guess if you can call it successful I'd have to say Under Trees and After Rain. I started off by just writing the last part, and before I posted it on Wattpad I was just going to keep it like that, but my friend talked me into writing more. The story is basically a six-part romantic short story that follows a couple from when they first meet all the way up until when they're living together. (It starts off kind of slow in the first part but I think it's a good introduction...)

Q9: Do you believe people should only fan others if they have written a good story and not for no reason?

Well, it depends. I know the whole fan-for-a-fan thing on Wattpad is more or less outlawed, but I think as a writer I should at least give my followers feedback, so it really depends on who's doing the fanning. Fairly, however, the term fan does typically mean you enjoy their stories, even though I don't always follow the rule myself.

Q10: When reading a story what mistake do u hate most? (eg. spelling, grammar)

Grammar (your use of text speak in the question is killing me!!! DX) and since I suck at spelling myself, I can't really complain about that... But if your computer has spell check, I beg you, use it! And also something that annoys me a lot would have to be the repetitive use of "I", "perfect" characters, and the whole "describing myself to you" thing (especially together!)

Here's an example:

"I walked down the stairs and then I turned into my room. I grabbed my pink hair brush and brushed out my long, shiny blonde hair. I look in the mirror. I am a tall, blonde, beautiful blonde girl with bright blue eyes, I'm tan from all of days I spend on the beach. My parents are both very rich and I have a perfect boyfriend. I am the captain of the cheerleading team. I am sixteen years old and my name is Mary-Sue."

Yes, Mary-Sue. We all know you. And we also all hate you. Mary-Sue's, self description, and "I" over and over drive me crazy! I mean, think about it- who straight out thinks "I have blonde hair and blue eyes"? NO ONE!!!!

And on that lovely note... Thanks for interviewing me! It's been fun and I've enjoyed ranting, even if I did end up talking about my secret love for love (did that make sense???) a lot more than I had expected

:)

--

~Elizabeth

Thanks alot. Good descriptive answers. I wish you luck on your future writing xD