Chapter 2

"They really enjoy one anothers company"

Maegan said to me while we both watched Morgan and Zhair play on the jungle jim at the park.

"Yes they do."

"He is going to be such a heartbreaker when he gets older. He's so handsome."

She smiled.

"Thanks, but I sure hope not."

I instantly thought back to when Kartier left me.

"So, do you have everything set for the party?"

She asked, changing the subject. Seeing the pain in my face.

"Yup. I sure do."

It wasn't much, just a small well medium sized party in my parents backyard. Clowns, characters, blow up bouncy house, and lots of toys and fun.

"Only thing I might need a little help with is decorations. So that's where you and Chelly come in."

Maegan, Chelly, and I have been close see middle school. There's also Michelle and Toi. Michelle and Chelly being the oldest at 21. Maegan at 20 and Toi and I at 19.

"I should've known."

She joked. We sat at the park and watched the kids play for 30 more minutes. It was thing on 7:00pm, and Zhair had a cupcake date with his grandma.

"Nana !" He yelled running through the foyer, in search of Karen.

"King, I'm in here"

She yelled from the kitchen. King? Another nickname. I followed him into the kitchen. Karen sat him in the high chair and fed him fruit.

"Thanks Karen, for taking him tonight."

"Zih hush. This nana baby, you can come over any time you like"

She cooed to Kartion. He just smiled.

"Where's Daddy. I didn't see his car?"

"He's out with the fellas. I told him I didn't want him interfering with me and my King bakery time"

I just laughed.

"Okay .... Well I'm going to be heading. You need anything?"

I asked

"Yes, you to stop worrying."

She smiled. I hugged her and gave Zhair a kiss on his mango covered lips, said my I love yous and left. Tonight I'm going to be lonely.

As soon as I walked into me and Kartion's 3 bedroom Loft apartment, my phone rung. It was Toi.

"Hello?"

"Zih, put on your Saturdays best because Im taking you out on the town!"

I looked at the phone and laughed.

"How do you know if i'm in the position to go out?"

"Nope. I know my chipmunk is at your parents house so your free!"

She said

"I'm going to kill Maegan. Now since I have no choice, when shall I'll be ready?"

I laughed.

"10. But I'm on my way now so hurry up !"

She said to me before disconnecting the call. I went to my closet to find something to wear. I started with the shoes, a turquoise pair of 4in Versaces pumps, then the outfit, which consist of a pair of light brown short shorts, that I prayed would conceal my backside, a turquoise and cream strapless tube bra, and a light brown blazer.