Chapter 23

Zih ,

"See you later baby."

I said to Kartion while kissing his little cheeks.

"I love you too mommy. bye bye."

He replied, not really paying me any attention. Him an Chelly's godson Nasir were to busy playing "super hero" as they call it. Nasir and him were having a sleep over at Chelly's house for the weekend.

"Alright now. Take yo self home. Their busy as you can see."

Chelly joked, pushing me towards the door.

"Ok trick. BYE!"

I laughed and let myself out.

When I returned home , I quickly undressed and showered . Tonight Karti and I had a hot date and boy was I ready .Its been a little over a week since my love and I actually spent any quality time other then the bedroom . He either been out handling business and I been at work and doing my online classes and taking care of Kartion.

After showering , I have exactly 40 minutes to finish preparing . Karti stressed that he'll be here at 7:00pm and no later .

I slid a red Chanel strapless dress over my body and a pair of gold Alexander McQueen peep toe pumps on my feet. A few gold bangles ,my engagement ring , and necklace set off my accessories and I pulled my hair into a neat bun on top of my head . While coating my lips with red lipstick I heard Karti enter the bedroom.

"Hey baby." I spoke still focusing on layering the lipstick just right.

"You ready?" He asked, walking behind me and rubbing my bare shoulders.

"Yeah, let me grab my bag." I stood up and grabbed my gold clutch off the foot of the bed.

Karti opened the passengers door to his all white Audi R8 and helping me slid in. When my back touched the plush butter seats I relaxed.

"You look beautiful ma." Karti spoke, pulling out of our driveway.

"Thanks baby. You do too."

I took in his appearance .His tan Gucci slacks looks great on him and the red , tan , and white Burberry button down complimented not only his slacks, but me as well. On his feet were a pair of tan and red Gucci loafers. A gold metallic belt wrapped around his waist. He also had gold cufflinks and a nice iced out Rolex.

He looked over at me checking him and out , and winked . I couldn't do anything but smile. Kartier made me happy beyond words. Just his presence did something to me .

When we pulled up to "Linners" , and upscale 5 star restaurant , Karti got out , opened my door and took my hands in his and helped me out . He gave the Valet guy the keys and received the ticket .

"Reservation for two. Gonzales ." Karti spoke .

The host quickly led us to our table. it was located on the second floor patio. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. The stars were in view, so was the moon. The bugs were gone and the sky was clear.

"Whats on your mind?" I asked Karti who haven't really said much.

"You. Zih, I know lately things haven't been the best between us and Im working on that. Business and your job has put so much distance between us from the time being spent. I know you don't want to just sit at home but I been thinking. I want you to quit the job at the firm and just go to school fulltime. That way you'll see more Kartion. Im going to minimize my hours out as well."

"Karti I don't know. I don't wanna quit my job." I protested.

"Baby, were not hurting for shit. Theres so much money were sitting on, by the time we die, we still wont be able to see it. Karti either for that matter. Baby just think about it. I hate how the only time we get to spend together as a family is at night or when were over our parents house."