Chapter 20

Zih ,

"Karti hurry up!"

I yelled down the stairs.

"Girl hold your horses. I cant run. I did get shot in the leg. Or did you forget?"

he yelled back.

"Stop being a drama queen."

I laughed, entering the master's bedroom.

At the moment, we were looking at a house. It was beautiful. Its been 6 months since the shooting and 4 since Karti and I decided to try this "family" thing. So far things have been going very great. When he entered the room I pulled him towards the floor to ceiling window that over looked the pool and pond out back. I could picture Kartion running around back here, away from the water though.

"You like it?"

he asked, hugging me tightly from behind.

"Like? Baby I love it. I think this is it."

He smiled and looked over at the realtor .

"Fine. We'll take it."

"Ok. Paperwork should be finished and processed by Friday or next Monday."

he smiled, and shook our hands.

______________________________

"I cant believe we just bough a house. A house that cost over 4 million dollars. Dont you think that thats too much Kartier?"

I asked, thinking.

"Too much? Zih, when it comes to my family nothing is to much. Look baby, I got money. Lots of it. Im not going to be able to take it with me so why not invest in something that can be ours for the rest of our lives? Yeah, its expensive but believe me baby. I can afford 13 more."

"Im not saying it like that Karti. Its just that ... well I know it's almost to late now, but just be careful when it comes to money."

"I hear you Zih."

When we pulled up to the "Renaissance Hotel" , we got out , valet got in and we walked into the hotel. Karti recieved the keys from the desk and up to the 15th floor went. It was just us two tonight. Kartion was over Nico's house, enjoyin the weekend with his two god brothers. Entering the Presidential Suite I turned the AC on. I was hot.

"You know your so beautiful?"

Karti whispered in my ear while snaking his strong arms around my waist.

"Thats what I've been told."

I smirked.

"Alright Ms. Concieted, but c'mon. Lets freshen up. Our parents should be here any minute."

I rolled my eyes playfully and proceeded to take a shower. Karti insited that we have dinner downstairs in the Hotels private dinning area. We all havent had the time to actually sit down as a family, like we did at the hospital, since Karti been home. If it isnt Kartion and me, it's business thats calling his name.

After creaming my skin, I slipped on the white sweetheart neckling cocktail dress that Karti had waiting on me, and the matching Gold Versace heels. He had good taste!

I quickly ran over my hair with the curling irons. I wanted to try something different, so I had a short sew-in that was cut and shaped into a bob, with blue, green, and brown tips.

"You like it?"

Karti asked.

"Yes. Thanks love. And dont you clean up well?

I joked, while admiring his fitted black slacks, crisp white Gucci button down, and the way his untied bow tie hung around his neck.

"I try!"

He joked.

I grabbed my clutch, his hand and we were on our way.

"Right this way sir."

The waiter said, leading us intoo the room that our dinner would be held in.

"Thank you."

Karti grabbed my hand and motioned for me to walk in first. I did and was greeted with the face of our parents, Chelly and Meagan, and my baby.

"Hey daddy, Karen, Jesue and Maria."

I said, going around the table to hug them first.

"Hey baby."

"Hey babygirl."

"Hello Zih."

"Hi"

were the responses I was given back.

"Uhm, Meagan do this chick see us or not?"

Chelly asked dramaticly.

"Im guessing not. Maybe we should leave since were two ghost anyway."

"Alright now. You chicken heads need to calm down. Yall shine was coming soon!"

I laughed, while hugging my two bestfriends.

Karti greeted our parents as well and we all were seated.

Both of our fathers at each end, Karen and Maria on the right of their men, Chelly and Meagan beside Karen and Karti and I beside Maria.

"How are you feeling?"

My dad asked Karti, starting conversation.

"I've been feeling pretty well. A few bullets wont stop no show. Right?"

No one found it funny.

"It almost did."

Chelly added, making everyone give her "the look"

"Im joking."

She said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Business good?"

Karen asked.

"Yeah ma. Business is great. Seeing more revenue then we did in a very long time."

He looked over at Jesus, and the two shared a smirk.

It was a little insider the two had about Karen and how she always talked and acted like she knew was what in the drug trade.

I smirked to, letting them know I caught on.

We all shared endless laughs, smiles over the course of two meals. Desert was just being served when Karti asked for ones attention.

"As you all know, Zih has been making me chase her for a long time!"

He joked, causing everyone to laugh.

"And now that I finally got her back where she belongs, I plan to never let her go."

I looked at my dad nervously, only to give Karti my attention again and find him on one knee.

"Im not really good with things like this." he laughed ".. but Zih, I know with you is where I need and want to be. I want to make this thing between us official. Will you marry me ma?"

I sat there for a moment, shocked. I really didnt see this coming, well I did, but not this soon. Was he serious?

"Are you serious Karti?"

I asked, still not really comprehending what is taking place.

"Thats not the answer I was looking for." everyone but me laughed. "..but yes, dead ass. Lets really complete our family."

I stared into his hazel eyes, becoming lost.

"Yeah. Yes I'll marry you Kartier."

He smiled, stood up, pulled me up with him and placed a soft, sensual kiss upon my lips.

"Whew! I though you was gone turn a nigga down!"

Meagan yelled, once we pulled apart, making everyone erupt with laughter.

Things were going good so far.