Chapter 30

Kartier ,

5:30 pm , August 5th Princess Zuri Karryn (Ka - rin)  Marie Gonzales was born into the world. 8lbs , 10 ounces and 11 inches , my little baby was chucky and beautiful . I knew she would be , that's why I chose the name Zuri . Its Swahili . It means beautiful . Looking down in her greenish grey marble eyes , I quickly wiped the small tear that tried to escape . She was identical to Zih . She looked back at me while holding my index finger in her palm . This was my litter girl . Her skin was pale , but in about a month , I'm sure she'll have Zih's golden skin .

"You see your sister ?" I asked Kartion thru the think glass that connected the hospitals nursery from the hallway .

He looked at her in awe and smiled . My dad was holding him up to the glass . Sean , Maria , my mom , Chelly , Meagan , Trina and Gee got a look at her too .

My eyes began to water again . This time I let it slide . I turned to look at my mom . She smiled at me , wiping her own eyes . I wasn't there to experience this with Kartion and I've been kicking myself in the ass about It since Zih found out she was pregnant . This feeling was surreal .

I looked down at my baby and smiled . "I love you Zuri ."

She gave me a slight smile , then yawned and closed her little eyes .

I laid her down in the little plastic bed , the hospital had for the babies .

"Daddy got to go check on mommy . I'll be back Nonie ." I kissed her small cheek and exit . Taking off the scrubs , I met up with the family in the hallway .

They all followed me back to the maternity ward with the exception of Kartion , Trina , Gee , and Maria .

"How is she ?" I asked Doctor Brown , after being let through the double doors .

"She's stable ." She said , shaking her head .

At the last minute Zih had to get a C-section because her pelvis slightly prolapsed causing her uterus to slightly move out of place , which was the cause of her not dilating any further and them not wanting to do a vaginal birth since Zuri was 8 pounds , and she also went into distress .

That shit scared the fuck out of us .

"Is she up ?" I asked

"Not at the moment ." She answered , "But I hear little Miss Zuri is breaking hearts in the nursery ."

I cracked a light smile , "Yeah . She's very beautiful ."

Visiting hours were just about over but I planned on staying in the hospital with my Princess and Queen .

"Well Im going to sit with her . Can you please have a nurse bring Zuri to the room ?" I asked , before turning to tell the rest of them what was going on .

"Sure thing Mr. Gonzales ." She nodded and walked away .

After telling the family about Zih being alright , I picked Kartion up and kissed his forehead .

"Daddys got to stay with mommy and Zuri tonight at the hospital . Are you ok with that ?" I asked him , while looking into his eyes . He rubbed his sleepy eyes and shook his head up and down .

"Tomorrow Nana will bring you up here to see mommy and Zuri ."

"Ok daddy."

I kissed him again and told him I loved him before placing him in my moms arms .

We all said our goodbyes and promised to see one another tomorrow if possible .

When I entered Zih's room , my bae looked tired . She literally had a long day . Her little box braids were till neatly on top of her head in a bun that was slightly crooked . Her baby hair stuck to her forehead . Her lips were a little chapped and dry . Her stomach wasn't flat but compared to the huge beach ball , it was little .