Chapter 28

Zih ,

"Beep . Beep . Beep . Beep ."

Were the sounds I woke up to . Soon I felt my body convulsing . I was in excruciating pain . I turned to my left and noticed Kartier sitting in a chair with crutches at his side . I fixed my mouth to say something but before anything could come out a team of nurses were rushing to my side and one placed an oxygen mask over my mouth .

"Sir , you have to get out of here." a female nurse said to Karti , who just sat there.

"She's going into shock!" Another yelled.

I reached my arm out for Karti while they pushed him out the door . A small tear dropped from my eye .

"Were loosing her!"

"Not on my watch ."

Quickly things went blank .

.

.

.

.

Kartier ,

"Were loosing here!" someone inside the room yelled.

That was the last thing I heard before they slammed the door and closed the blinds in my face . This had to be one of the worst feelings ever . Zih been in a medically induced coma for 2 weeks . The day of the shooting was suppose  to be a happy day . We were suppose to be leaving the courthouse to celebrate , but we all ended up at the hospital . I failed . I failed miserably . I was suppose to protect Zih but look at what happened ? I mean , when the first shot let off I was on my way to jump in front of her but Bear beat me to it and that bullet ended his life . Soon bullets hit me . My biggest fear was anything happening to Kartion and thank God nothing happened to him but I cant say the same for Zih . My baby had three holes in her . And on top of that man , the doctor told me she's three months pregnant . Guess the night I got arrested , I got her pregnant .

They say the baby is actually doing fine , which is a blessing . But without Zih , there is no baby . With her being pregnant , it isn't making this process any better . If it was up to me , I'd make the choice of getting rid of the baby to keep her alive but the decision is all hers . I have no say so rightnow .

As I walked to the waiting area with the crutches , I didn't even bother to wipe the tears that was falling for my eyes . When I entered the area , I was greeted with the confused faces of my mom , my dad , Zih's dad Sean , Trina , Dale , Ms. Gina , Chelly , Meagan , Maria , and Gee who made a full recovery last month .

My mom rushed over to help me a little . Sean took his time to stand up , he was still healing from his bullet round just like me .

"Whats wrong?" Sean asked me .

I couldn't even get it out before the sobs took over me . Soon everyone eyes were watery .

"Did we loose her?" Sean asked , voice shaky .

"I-I- . . . I don't know for sure . When I was forced out , they said they was loosing her . I heard the flat line . . . " I managed to get out before I damn near collapsed on the floor .

I looked up and noticed Kartion sitting off in the corner . I motioned him over to me . He sat on the carpet in the empty space between my legs .

"I love you so much son ." I whispered in his ear .

"I love you too." He said back .

I just held him in my embrace , enjoying the feeling of having my son , something that I played a part in creating , in my arms .