Chapter 27

Zih ,

Karti's trial been dragging a long for 2 long months . Mark was doing a damn good job but who knew how this was going to play out . Today is the BIG day . I've been praying from the day it started that he's acquitted on ALL charges .

I quickly showered , creamed my skin and placed on my under garments . I then soon dressed in the Navy blue Vera Wang dress and placed the cream blazer on top . While sliding into the navy blue and cream Louboutin's the bedroom door opened . In walked my little man . He was dressed in navy blue slacks , a Burberry button down and a Navy blue sweater . On his feet was the cutest little pair of cream and navy blue Steve Madden dress shoes .

"Hey baby." I smiled , almost in awe at how much he looked like he dad .

"Hey mommy." He climbed on the foot of the bed and stared at TV. The news was on , and like always , they were talking about Karti's trial . I reached for the remote only for Kartion to turn to me .

"Mommy , is daddy bad?"

I sat stunned and taken back by his question . My son may be almost 2 but he's far from stupid . He knows what's going on and no matter how hard I tried to shield him from he , he knows . I reached my arms out and he came over and sat on my lap .

"Your daddy isn't a bad man Kartion . Don't let the news or anyone tell you different . Your daddy loves you and me you know that right ?" he shook his head up and down . "He'll do nothing to hurt you or me . There's people in the world that doesn't like daddy and says bad things to make him look bad . But we know that that isn't the issue . Your daddy isn't bad ."

He looked into my eyes an kissed me on the lips .

"I love you mommy . You and daddy ."

"Mommy and daddy loves you too Kartion ."

Engaged in a hug , the bedroom door opened once again . It was Maria .

"Uhm , are you ready Zih'aira ?" She asked , twirling her fingers together .

She looked to be more nervous them me .

"Yeah ." I replied , standing up , grabbing my purse , looking in the mirror and giving myself the once over , and taking Kartion's hand in mine . He grabbed his Spiderman bag and off we went .

The Escalades was waiting on us outside .

The first one held 3 body guards , Karen and my father . The 2nd was for Kartion and I , with 3 body guards as well and the third one for Jesus , Maria and Nico with 2 body guards .

I personally thought that this was too much , but I didn't question Jesus one bit . He was only protecting his family .

When we finally pulled up to the "Justice Center" the butterflies in my stomach wouldn't stop fluttering . THIS WAS IT ! Today hold our future .

Pedro , the body guard who was riding shot gun in the truck I was in opened the door for me and Karti . Soon we were all entering the court house , that also held inmates as well . After being searched and walking thru medal detectors and being searched again , we were finally on our way to the courtroom .

We filled up the 2 seats behind where Mark sat . I also noticed Chelly and Meagan there to support me . Since Karti been in jail I haven't really had much social time , so seeing them made me smile . I missed my girls a lot . We shared 3 quick air kisses . Court was set to begin at 10:30am , it was only 10:00am and the room was filled . People were even standing in the back of the room . About 80% were just being nosey as hell . I took in a deep sigh and shook my head . Hopefully this wouldn't be a long day . If Karti was charged on anything , sentencing would also take place today as well . Like I said , today really holds our future .