Chapter 25

Zih ,

Its been a litter over a month since Gee's shooting and since then , plenty of funerals. Karti don't think I know what him, Dale, Tate & his cousin Nico been up to but a bitch isn't stupid . Since the shooting Karti's whole demeanor changed . Less conversation and more actions . Just like we talked about I decided to take sometime off at the Law Firm and focus solely on my schooling . I was only 2 semesters away from my Bachelors in Law and 2 steps closer to law school . Working at the law firm completed my hours for internship . I was doing pretty good . Kartion was great too , but the activity including Karti had me at edge . I was concerned . I had a gut feeling something was brewing under the surface . I just didn't know what nor when .

Gee's still in a coma but the doctors says he's healing greatly .

"Karti can you please drop Kartion off at our parents house. I have to go down to the bank to sign those documents today." I asked , placing lotion on my feet and legs .

"I cant Zih'aira . I got shit to handle." He said nonchalantly without looking at me.

"What the fuck is so important that you cant fucking do your fatherly duties?" I yelled.

"Yo Z, calm down! Shit isn't that serious. I told you I got shit to do."

I swear I haven't been feeling this nigga attitude!

"You know what Kartier. Im sick of this shit. It's always something. Nigga go head and put the business before your fucking son. Its been weeks since the last time you spent time with your fucking son! It's cool. I'll take MY son where he needs to go. But I know one thing, when I come back your black ass better not be here!" I grabbed my purse and slid into my shoes and stormed out the room.

"Kartion , are you ready ?" I asked , walking into his room.

He jumped off his bed and onto his bean bag.

"Yes!" He squealed .

"What did I tell you about that? Stop it. Come on. Put your shoes on."

I watched him put his Jordan's on his right feet and put his jacket on .

When we were heading out the door , so was Karti's punk ass.

He picked Kartion up and walked him to the car and placed him in his booster seat.

"Bye daddy."

"See you later little man."

I quickly got in the car and slammed the door so this nigga wouldn't say shit to me.

After he closed Kartion's door I pressed the start button and pulled off .

___________________________________

After dropping Kartion off , I headed to Bank Of America .

I had to sign documents for the many businesses Karti and I bought together and to place my name on the deed of the house . Since everything was financed with drug money, Karti and I had to meet with Jesus's accountant and print up forms as if Jesus and Karti's trust funds paid for it . I also had to place more money in the accounts and in Kartion's trust fund.

2 and a half hours of going over papers with Gary, the family accountant and financial adviser I was on my way.

"Hello, ma Im on my way to pick up Kartion." I said to Karen over the phone.

"Were out and about rightnow. I'll just bring him in the morning. I miss my baby." She said, while cooing at him.

"Ok. Fine with me. I'll call before he goes to bed."