Chapter 13

Kartier ,

"Daddy!"

Kartion yelled, running towards me, wiping the small tears that ran down his face.

"Whats wrong man?"

I asked, squading to his level, refusing to pick him up.

"Mommy. Her hit me."

He told.

I looked behind him at Zih'aira who stood with her arms crossed , balancing all her weight on her left leg looking mad as hell.

"Why did mommy hit you?"

I asked him but looking at her.

When he didnt answer she quickly interfered.

"Your son decided he wanted to have art class in my living room and used the couch as a canvas!"

She yelled.

Kartion slightly hide behind my legs.

"Why did you do it?"

I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

I might not always like putting my hands on my son but I refuse to let him go through life not knowing the rights and the wrongs.

"What you did was very wrong Kartion."

He instantly burst out crying , knowing what was soon to come.

"Dont cry. C'mon."

I grabbed his hand and led him to the back, where his room was.

_______________________________

Zih'aira ,

Dropping Kartion off over Kartier's house I was vexed. My couch was destroyed. Paint, crayon, marker and pencil marks everywhere. I had to plead with my dad to purchase the imported European furniture.

After Karti took KJ to the back and spanked him , he returned on his lonesome.

"Did you hit him hard?"

I asked, concerned.

"No, but if I did it doesnt matter."

"It do matter. Kartier your a man, hes a child."

I wined.

"Zih, my son is going to know right from wrong and the concequenses that comes with the wrong choice. I didnt beat him. I just spanked him a few times. He wont die."

He said with sarcasm.

"I hate this acting out stage."

I flopped down on the couch.

"Its a part of growing up Zih. You better get used to it."

he replied, sitting next to me.

"You know he told me he hated me and wished I wasnt his mommy anymore?"

"Zih dont look all sad. Hes a toddler. Hes learning new things and adjusting to new thing. He didnt mean it."

he told me.

"I know but the look on his face ... You should've seen it. Hes truly our child."

I joked.

After simple conversation I decided it was time for me to get going.

"Ok. Be safe Zih."

"Im always safe Karti. Kiss him for me."

We shared a half hug and I left. I promised Maegan and Chelly I'll accompany them to the Hip Hop fest at the local park.