Senju conpound

My father led me deeper into the cave. I have never see. Any place like this. It had trees holding up the room, but they almost looked like they trees were there for decoration because against the tightly compacted soil and rock they didn't seem to be doing anything.

'Where are we' I thought as I moved my head around in amazement looking around the room. My father saw my look of amazement and laughed.

"I had the same reaction when I first saw this place. This was in the Senju territory before there were shinobi nations. I can only assume that this was where Tobirama developed his jutsu's" he explained. There was a large desk with a painting of the Senju clan symbol on the wall. I pulled on my dads cloak to get his attention. I pointed at the table where there was a hand full of markings on paper.

"Good eye Naruto. Yes those are some of my first markings that I tried for my flying thunder god technique" he said. I ran over to the table and began looking thought the notes. I could recognize my fathers hand writing but there were a few pages of notes that I couldn't recognize.

"These were left here by the second Hokage. When I was a boy fresh at the academy my family bought a strip of property. One day I was walking around and I came across this" he said motioning towards the table of notes.

(Cool) I mouthed

"Are you ready to begin your training" he asked me handing me one of his kunai. I grabbed it and ran outside with him following me.

"Now Naruto there is one thing I need you to do for me before we start" dad said as he pulled out a price of paper. "I know that you know a lot about chakra, but how much do you know about your chakra type" he asked. I looked at him puzzled, and that gave him his answer.

"Ok hold this paper between your fingers like this" he said as he held the paper between two his middle and index finger. "Then funnel you chakra into it" he said sending chakra into the paper. The paper wrinkled and split in half. "This shows that I have a lightning style nature, and a wind style since it wrinkled and cut in half" he explained. I nodded my head in understanding taking one of the pieces of paper out of his hand. I put it between my fingers like my father and funneled my chakra into the paper. It took a little longer the it did for dad, but after a minute the paper split in half.

"Wind style perfect" dad said "now we can start" he said pulling a kunai out for himself.
"My teleportation technique by cutting the space time in front of between my two marks" he said as he threw another kunai into the tree behind him. He closed his eyes and then quickly spun around chopping his hand threw the air. I looked in amazement as a blue pulsing line formed in The air and he stepped into it. Once he stepped through the gap closed and another one reappeared closer to the kunai lodged in the tree. He stepped back into sight and took the kunai out of the tree.

"I performed it as slowly as I could. Did you see it alright" he asked trying to catch his breath. I nodded my head with my jaw dropped. He walked over to me laughing and lightly hit me under my chin to close my mouth.

"Now your turn" he said throwing a kunai into a tree. "Focus all of you chakra into the tip of your finger and try to make it feel like it did when the paper cut in half" he told me. I closed my eyes and focused all of the chakra I could muster up in the tip of my fingers. I sliced my finger through the air once I though I had it right. No rift formed and I was disappointed in my self. I dropped my shoulders in defeat, but my father place his hand on my head and ruffled my hair.

"It's fine that you didn't get it the first time. You were really close the chakra form was right you just didn't make the finger blade shape enough or put enough power into it" my father corrected. I lifted my head and tried again. This went on for hours each time I got a little closer to the rift. Once I finally made a rift that could be seen I tried to jump through it but it was to small. I fell to the ground and punched it in frustration.

"Your doing well" dad told me "let's rest for the night" he said pulling a dead hare from behind his back. We started a fire to cook some of the food we gathered.  It wasn't ramen but after a day of training I didn't care what the food taste like. After dinner we went into the cave where dad taught me about how he makes the seals and why they work. During his lesson my eye lids began to get heavy, and I slowly fell asleep on the table with my head in my arms. The next morning I woke up and it was back to training.

*Minato's POV

'Good he is finally asleep' I thought to myself as I heard Naruto's steady sleepy breathing. He was doing very well in his training. Better then I thought he would with the nine tails chakra messing with his own. The teleportation jutsu is very chakra taxing if you can't do it right. The only reason Naruto was still standing after today was thanks to his mother and the Uzumaki chakra reserves. I picked Naruto up once I knew he was asleep and placed him an a sleeping bag I brought for the trip. He slept peacefully through the night and late into the next morning, but when he woke up all he wanted to do was train.