October 10th

*Naruto's POV

I practically grew up in the Hokage's office. For the first few years of my life, I spent every day there, sat through every meeting, and stayed there through the night helping my father with work. I couldn't be happier helping my father on those late nights because that was are only bonding time during most of the day he was in meeting after meeting so I sat in the corner reading a scroll quietly to myself. Our favorite thing to eat on those late nights was ramen. It was always from a can or leftover from the other night, but tonight was special. We were going to Ichiraku ramen stand my favorite. Today was October 10th my birthday. It's been five years since the nine tails attacked the village, but people still grieved over the loss of there loved ones. No one would say it because I'm the Hokage's son, but they all blame me. My father says that they are short minded people who can't see past their grief, but some nights I lay in bed thinking that it was my fault, but tonight was not that night. When I was four I asked my father to teach me his teleportation technique, but he said that I was not old enough and that he would teach me the day after my fifth birthday. Over the past year, I have learned some basic skills from the scrolls I have ready to show him that I am strong enough.

"Bye dad see you at Ichiraku" I called as I left his office

"Bye," he said "see you there I will only be a few more minutes," he said. When he says a few more minutes that means maybe an hour at least, but I never held it against him. I loved my dad and he loved me, but with both loved the village and wanted to help it, so my father became the Hokage, and I will help him any way I can. I left the Hokage's office saying goodbye to all of the village elders. I walked through the quiet streets of the village with my head down. I tried to stay away from all of the lights and slip through the darkness just to be careful. When I was three on my birthday I was walking in the street when three Chunin's came up to me and started pushing me around blaming me for a handful of different people deaths. When one went to throw a punch I braved for a hit that never came. The punch was caught by my father who teleported here using the kunai I carried with me. He scolded the kids for trying to hurt me and they apologized saying how it was close family members who died in the attack. My father and I walked home together, and the whole way he questioned me about why I didn't attack back. I could have fought back. I am pretty good with shurikens and kunai but I still wouldn't have stood a chance against three trained ninjas.

"It's ok it kind of was my fault for there families deaths," I said coldly. My father scolded me for the rest of the night saying that it was not my fault over an over again. From that birthday on I try to move through the shadows. When I turned down my shortcut to get to Ichiraku there was a man standing there

"Hello Naruto," he said to me

"How do you know my name," I asked him

"I know a lot about you," he said as he disappeared and reappeared behind me grabbing my father's teleportation kunai. "Like how your father is the yellow flash," he said as I watch my kunai disappear into thin air.

"How did you-" I asked in disbelief.

"Now that it will just be you and me I can kill you now," the mystery man said

*Minato's POV

I can't sense Naruto kunai anymore. Maybe he is at Ichiraku's already and has started eating.

"I'm almost done just have to sign this paper," I Said as I finished up my work and teleported to the mark I left at Ichiraku. I was shocked to see that Naruto was not here. I began to feel a sense of panic rise in my chest. I could sense his chakra here it's over there. I jumped around the corner into the alleyway just in time to see the man that called himself Madara Uchiha plunge his kunai into my son's throat.

*Naruto's POV

I tried to scream out but blood was filling my throat as the man pushed the kunai deeper. I saw my father and tried to reach out to him but my body was going limp as my vision blurred from blood loss. My father teleported to the man that was attacking me hitting him with a Rasengan.

'How did he do that' I thought 'he needs to mark a person before he can teleport to them. Has my dad fought his man before' the battle raged on with my father in a blood lust rage. I fell to the ground. I could feel the world around me closing in on me, And my vision blanked. I woke up in a dark place with a woman with red hair standing over me

"Wake Naruto your time is not done your father will need you," she said in a sweet voice. I knew that voice only briefly but I knew it

"Mommy," I said reaching out to her

"Goodbye, my little boy," she said as she disappeared into the darkness. I woke up with a jolt.

"He's away" someone called out and my father rushed to my side.

"Naruto!" He Yelled out hugging me.

"Dad," I said as I hugged him back. He let go of me and looked at me with fear in his eyes.

"Naruto say that again," he asked

"Why dad what's wrong," I said

"Doctor what's wrong with him" my father cried out

'Wrong with me whats wrong' I thought in a panic

"The kunai cut into his voice box he will live but he will never speak again even with the nine tails healing ability." The doctor said with sorrow

'Never speak again' I thought in a panic. My breath quickened, and the doctor was yelling at me to calm down. The world closed in around me again, and I blacked out.