✧T H I R T Y - O N E✧

✰LUKE✰

"Don't be nervous, you'll be fine." Wise words of encouragement from my uncle. We arrived earlier for the trial as I wanted to speak with Ashton. I just hope he knows that none of this was supposed to happen.

We approached the reception of about ten woman and men typing away.

"Hello, we're here to speak with the defendant"

"Oh, Yes. Mister and Misses Peters. Yeah we have you on a list." The woman had approached us looking at the board with a hell of a lot of writing.

"If you could sign here. It's for legal purposes" she handed me a pen and I put my signature down.

"Thank you, if you have any belongings you'll have to hand them over, but if not-" she paused and went over to a draw, pulling out a neon orange badge with white writing which said visitor on it before handing it over to me.
"You may go over to that man-" a man in uniform holding a board at another set of doors stood before she continued "he'll show you what to do from there" she smiled and said have nice day.

"Luke, I know you know we don't want you going but we'll let you go on your own" Aunt Kate has finally come to a decision. I asked her on the way here if I could do this alone. She went crazy.

"Yeah, you know it's hard for your aunt Kate and I to just let you be miserable, so we thought it was best son" he patted me on the back and brought me in for a hug. I accepted it.

"Thanks Aunt Kate-Uncle Will...I'm sorry for the stuff I said before all of this-" I had been a jerk these last few days ever since I got back. I haven't appreciated everything they have done for me. Like my aunt Kate for instance stayed home from work for the first three weeks just to take care and look out for me. She really does remind me of mum.

"I just wanted to say I love you, both of you..."I shyly look down at the badge and the both of them brought me in for the second hug of the day.

"We love you too Luke. Don't forget that" aunt Kate broke away from the hug to wipe away a tear that had escaped to look at her phone.

"Damn" she sniffles."You better go now Luke. The trial starts in an hour and we need to speak to our lawyer.

"Okay " I stuck the badge on my suit jacket and waved them goodbye walking up to the man who was apparently going to show me from there.

I really hope they can all forgive me...

--

"There are rules you need to know before you go in. No hugging or touching hands. And no whispering. If any rules are broken during this visit, any other visits may be suspended." An officer explained. I gave them a nod of the head and he opened the door closing it behind me.

There he was, in an orange jump suit handcuffed on all limbs. He didn't look great, but what do you expect prison isn't exactly a spa resort.

I keep my eyes on him as I sat down on the cold metal chair, an officer stood right behind him for legal reasons of course.