✧E P I L O G U E✧

✰LUKE✰

It's been six months since the trial. I had just graduated a few weeks ago and I've stoped seeing my therapist now. I've gotten into three of the five colleges so I don't need to do summer school now. Two of the three here and one in Australia, my aunt doesn't want me to go to that one though as she quote on quote won't be able to come over often. Which is a good thing since she's constantly chaperoning me everywhere and tidies my room constantly. I know she means well but I just want some freedom after all this. My face has been in the news more times than I count. I don't want to be remembered as that person who was kidnapped.

It's time to start a fresh. And since my uncle was in the army when he was young and he's my legal guardian. My collage tuition has been payed for.

So I get to decide what college or university I want to go to.

And I think I might go to the University of Melbourne. It's where I'm from. I feel that I'll fit right back at home.

--

"Honey are you sure you don't want to go to Indiana University Bloomington or what's the other one, um- honey help me out-?!" She groaned jokingly while clicking her fingers, pacing along the carpeted living room floor.

"Princeton, Kate" my uncle Will spoke smiling back at me and shaking his head at her.

"Yeah, what about them Luke, don't you want to go to Princeton. I mean that's a big opportunity love." She finally sat down on the couch after having a break from her interrogation of the whys and how I could even go to one on the other side of the world.

"Aunt Kate, I can't just stay here forever..."

"-I know that, I know-."

"Let me finish. You have done what no person could even do to describe. You've done beyond what any person would do and I appreciate everything. But like mum, she would wants what's best for me"

"Yeah, you're right. I also want that for you sweetie, I just don't want you gone so soon" she began to tear up and I grabbed a tissue from the box sat on the coffee table and handed it to her.

"Gosh, you've got me crying now. I love you Luke, and so do your parents. They would be so proud of how you've turned out. Fighting your own battles and what not. You're a smart young man" she blew her nose.

"Thanks Aunt Kate, I know mum and dad are thankful for what both of you have done for me"

"God Luke, you sure know how to make an old man cry" Uncle Will joked and grabbed a tissue as he was crying too.

I wish life could of been better.

For all of us.

But I should be thankful for what I have now...

--

"Luke, be sure to face time when you land in Dubai. Have a safe flight darling" aunt Kate gave me the final hug of the day reaching up to a tally of thirty two if I'm not mistaken. I'm really going to miss her.