✧T W O✧

✰LUKE✰

Friday had past and it was now Saturday, My Uncle Will kept bugging me about hanging out with him so I gave in to his demise.

I had no interest in bowling but if I agree the man just stops bugging me and I can survive.

"Do you want anything from the diner?" My uncle asked.

We were in the bowling alley sitting in the metal seats where you retrieve your ball. I was on my phone ignoring the loud obnoxious men celebrating their strikes and what not. I was just finding myself not talking to anyone but people wanting to talk to me.

"Jess"I heard my uncle say in a low tone he looked fed up as if to say don't even bother.

She was going to tap me to ask if I heard my uncle.

She was my uncles friends daughter. I don't really remember her, but apparently we used to hang out when we used to visit my second family.

My stomach had grumbled so I decided to take it upon myself to get food.

"Uncle Will,can I get something to eat?" Looking up at the man who was shocked I had spoken to him.

"Yeah, take jess to get food for us all" he dug into his pockets giving me fifty dollars for the seven or so people who were playing including ourselves.

"Soo—how's the town" Jess asked as we walked to the diner that was in the bowling ally.

"What do you mean"I turned my head to look at her. I knew if I was rude to her I was going to be shouted at by her. She was very blunt about her feelings and didn't usually take anything from no one. So I was trying my best to make an effort into holding a conversation with her.

"It's the same or its changed for you?".

"The same... just not as comfortable"

"Oh well-I'm sure it'll grow on you" she smiled walking ahead.

I don't think I can ever get used to this place without my parents.

"Luke-hurry!" I walked closer to her and helped order a few thinks of the menus for everyone.

"The total is forty five dollars and eighty six cents" the cashier said and I handed over the fifty dollars over, getting some change back.

"Yeah I'm sure while we're waiting we can go play in the arcade" Jess asked once I was handed the change.

I wasn't particularly wanting too, but like everything else today I always seemed to say yes.

"Alright, but you're going to have to teach me how to play table hockey" I laughed as she ran towards the game putting in one dollar into the machine and then placing the black plastic puck on the table.

"You're on Hemwings"she raised her brow laughing lightly like me. She only called me Hemwings because I used to dance like a chicken when I ate chicken wings at a Christmas party a few years back. I was a kid what do you expect.