✧O N E✧

✰LUKE✰

I was sat in my first period Algebra after homeroom thinking about what my aunt and uncle said about me.

They were talking about my wellbeing and how I'm changing. And now that's all I can think about.

"Luke,what is the answer to two-a plus three?"I hadn't being paying attention lately after everything so I had been day dreaming.

"I–um..."I tried to answer but I was completely out of it.

"Okay—anyone else want to answer?" The teacher said picking one person from the back.

"—Yes Ashton?"

"Seven, Miss"

"Good now the bell is going to ring so don't forget your homework is due next Thursday. And have nice day everyone" As she said those words the bell had rang and I had my stuff ready and others to walking out the class and of course I was last.

"Luke?"I hear my teacher call from the front.

"Yes—Miss?"I walked closer to her desk.

"Are you having problems focusing with the work at all?" She shines me a small smile packing up the work from the class.

"No Miss—just it's really early, that's all"I tried making her believe it but it wasn't her that needed to believe it, it was me.

"Ah. I see... well—if you are, struggling that is. Just ask me and I can go over anything you don't understand" Still smiling.

"Thank you Miss" I smile back scratching my head.

"—Now you don't want to be late for your next class" she joked motioning the clock hanging above. I said good bye and left for my second period of the day...

Physical Education. Pronounced as Hell.

--

"Luke you're pretty fast. Maybe you'd like to join our cross country club?" The PE instructor offered.

Sweat I'm sure was running down my face and I knew I smelled bad, I just wanted to hit the showers and head for my next class.

"I—really don't know. I'm new here so... I'm just kinda figuring everything out right now Coach" I had to let the over excited and intimidating man down.

I used to play soccer and do other things but I only did it because my dad used to play when he was my age. Since he can't see me do the things we both enjoyed I officially stopped once I moved here.

"Well—uh, think about it Luke?. You definitely would be a great asset to the team"  He patted me on the back before whistling for everyone to hit the showers.

While walking to the exits a older looking boy bumped into me causing me to fall on the grass.

"Oh sorry"