Veni..

TD23

Later that night I packed an overnight bag and went to Josephs. Again, I really didn't appreciate having to take a train to visit him. He should have picked me up but the devil was sleeping and he didn't want to leave her home alone. Jo had said Kenny was out and Paul was still at University at the library.

By the time I had arrived, the whole gang was home. As soon as I placed my bag on the floor, the devil ran towards me and spread her arms wide. I picked her and gave her a wet kiss on the cheek. I didn't kiss her because I liked her. No. My saliva is pure and it will save her from hell. I was surprised that my pure muggle-blood saliva didn't burn through her devilish cheek though.

"She really likes having you around." Joseph noticed smiling at us. I returned the smile taking a seat next to him. Just like last time Barbie was on TV and Char soon forgot I was there, though she did use me for an arm chair.

"I got the weirdest call after college today." I stated.

"Someone trying to sell you a dildo init. I hate them calls." Joseph and Paul looked at Kenny in silence. He looked at me, who also looked confused. "Is what I would say if I got them calls? But I don't so..." He nodded. Paul laughed and asked me to expand.

"Some lady called Bianca or something called and knew me by name. Then she said she wanted to get to know me. And only when Mum walked in she hung up really quickly and said see you soon." Jo shrugged but I knew he knew more than he was letting on. He shuffled in his seat and stopped looking me in the eye. I looked at Paul who pretend to be busy on his phone. I could see that he wasn't even messaging anyone. I turned to Kenny for some answers but this idiot was pretending to watch Barbie. I looked down at Charlotte on my lap. Her and her crony of black cats probably had something to do with this.

"I don't know. I keep thinking it's weird that she's going to 'see' me, rather thank 'speak to me'." The boys continued to act preoccupied. "Unless there's a family gathering I'm not aware of" I continued to think aloud. She had really picked an odd phrase for someone I had never seen or heard about in my life.

I looked around the room again. The boys were really going to ignore me. I rolled my eyes and smuggled in Charlotte. Not because I liked the smell of her or because she was cute, but instead I knew that I had to keep my enemies close.

***

"So, where's her mum?" Jo took a seat at the end of the sofa I was resting on. He had offered to let me sleep in his room, but Charlotte slept in there too. I didn't want to be stabbed in the middle of the night by her. Ken and Paul had left the house again. I was certain that Kenny was going to a girls house because he giggled when he told us not to wait up and I think Paul was just going out with friends. Who knew what he was ever up to?

"She's not really in the picture anymore." Jo rubbed his hands bringing all his attention to me.

"Not in the picture?" I questioned. "Like she's been edited out by Photoshop? Or she's been ripped out of the picture?"

Joseph chuckled shaking his head. "I mean she's not in the picture in the sense that she doesn't want to be in the picture."

I was still confused. "She doesn't want Charlotte?" I asked searching for clarity. Joseph nodded.

"The first day she turned up with Charlotte they stayed for a few hours. Then the next time they stayed for a day. Then Charlotte stayed for weekends. It kept escalating until she turned up with Charlotte and her suit case and she shrugged. She said she just didn't want a child." Joseph explained. He shrugged seeming resigned to that fact. "She looked so cold. Charlotte was in her arms smiling so unaware that her mother didn't want her. I didn't understand it either. I felt numb too. I took Char but I didn't fully understand. I still expect her to turn up one day and say, 'I'm joking'."