Pimpin' in my convos - Part 1

Pimpin’ in my convos

The most repulsive creature I sat next to was in my year, in Social. It was a class that only last 50 minutes but I had to attend every week. I absolutely hated it. It was a chance for us as a class to talk about ‘social’ issues in a good way.

It was ridiculous. If I had social issues I wouldn't cry about it to my class.

None the less, if I didn’t attend this lesson I would have to go for catch up lesson at lunch time. I would have finished at 2 on Thursdays, but because of this lesson, I finished at close to 3. The buses would be flooded with secondary school kids. Although I was one of them just a few months ago, the day I stopped wearing the uniform, that ugly ugly uniform I completely detached myself from ym secondary school and all secondary school goers. I normally finished college at 4 except for Thursday and Fridays so I would miss all of them. I hated them mainly because they just sat and complained about the most stupid things. I wish I could shout to them that GCSE’s are a walk on the beachside compared to A-Levels.

With my Social class, it was only my year, this was a blessing and a curse. A blessing because…well, okay it wasn’t exactly a blessing, but at least there wouldn't be tension in the class and people huddling in groups blatantly whispering about the other side. It was a curse because my year was full of imbeciles and I was stuck in a room full of them for the next hour.

I walked into my Social class, first, as usual.

I took a seat near the back. I didn’t want to been seen and just hoped that I somehow would blend into the wall like I had done for the past 3 weeks.

I had successfully avoided being asked any questions, only speaking when the teacher did the register.

Why I sat at the back, and why other people sat at the back was for completely different reasons. I didn’t want to be noticed, I wanted to remain a ghost for the gruelling 50 minutes I had to be here.

Other people sat at the back because there was this weird culture in my generation to sit at the back of everything, the bus, classrooms and assemblies that I never understood.

The class filled up and the boys sat at the back next to me, the next row was filled with girls who would turn their chairs around by the end of the lesson to face the boys, then the rest of the class would be filled with normal non-attention seeking people like me.

I was having an argument with myself about Magna Carta. I wasn’t sure where I would place the album on my list of Jay Z albums. It definitely wasn’t my number one, that place in my heart belonged to The Blueprint, with Reasonable Doubt coming at a very close second, but I couldn’t lie that I had stayed up all night on Rap Genius reading and rapping along to the lyrics when I bought the album. I spent half of the time screaming at every punch line I heard and the other half screaming even louder at punch lines that took a second to sink in. Jay Z himself said that he placed the album 4th, however I wasn’t sure I agreed. I think I preferred Watch The Throne, I was still listening to that album.

This was hard and I was no closer to finding a place for it when the person next to me moved closer.

I’m sure it wasn’t on purpose. He did this so the girl he was talking to in front of us could see him more easier.

His name was David and he was freakishly tall. Like, amazon tall. He had gotten on my bus once and he had to bend his head down on the upper deck. He was a weird boy. In this lesson he would constantly burst out in fit of laughter with no explanation.