Life Starts When Church Ends - Part 1

::: Life starts when church ends.

Like secondary school I travelled to college by myself. I lived in a relatively quiet area. In a nice house, on a nice close off a nice street.  Nothing special had ever happened accept the odd argument from the neighbours across the street. We were so used to them shouting at each other that the neighbourhood had ceased to call the police when we heard it things being thrown. Other than those occasions nothing happened here.

After a short walk to the main road I was on the bus and on my way to college. This was when the drama started. The bus was loud, it was always loud and will forever be loud so I tried not to dread too much on that. I had amazing headphones, I was able to drown everything out except the odd person laughing to loudly near me.

After a few stops, I would get off. Here I had the option to walk up the hill, or wait for another bus. I usually walked, the busses were always packed so the bus driver never stopped anyway.

I was walking through the playground, I had gotten to college a lot earlier than I had anticipated.  My eyes caught someone waving at me. I turned around to check that it was indeed me that they were calling over. As I got closer I noticed it was Natasha, with 6 of her friends behind her making a semi-circle around her.

"Lydia said you talked to him." My eyes flickered to Lydia. She was standing directly behind Natasha, as if she was her second in charge. I noticed that she had tried something new with her hair. Instead of having her weave down and curled it was tied up. I could see her tracks.

My eyes went back to Natasha then back at Lydia. She was smiling at me, daring me confirm that.

I wasn’t sure what to say, I had to buy myself time. I acted dumb, I knew who they were talking about without them saying his name. No one else was worth mentioning to Natasha and her cronies. "Him?" I questioned.

"Richard." One her cronies clarified. I always forgot her name as it was hard to spot her. Natasha and all her cronies dressed the same that keeping tabs on their names was useless. They all thought and said the same things anyway.

"Oh"

"So what did he say?" Another one of her cronies added. She was trying to extract blood from a stone. Lydia’s golden smile behind Natasha froze me.

I shrugged casually. "Nothing really interesting."

"Richard said nothing interesting ?" The first crony copied me as if I had said something like ‘babies are delicious’. I decided to name her clone number 1.

I looked at Natasha. I started spluttering trying to retract my statement.

"I mean, it was just about music"

"What's song?" Clone number 2 asked.

"Kanye West"

"I said the song" Clone number 1 said. See what said about how they all thought ad said the same things. They were all the cytoplasm of a cell and Natasha was the nuclei  .

"It was his album, Yeezus" By the time they had grilled me and questioned me on everything that Richard had said in the first lesson down to how he smiled the bell finally went saving me from them. They dispersed into their own directions, with Lydia shooting me another smile with a wink.

"See you in art Satiah."

*

My lack of social skills was only something that people could only aspire to.