Twenty Six

"Belinda?" I repeated confused. She smiled and nodded. "Belinda who?"

"We should talk inside."

"Satiah?" I turned back to Richard. "You ok?" I had completely forgotten he was even there.

"I'm fine. I'll see you tomorrow." Richard lingered, his eyes darting between me and 'Belinda'. When he was certain that I was indeed fine, he started the engine. I watched his car speed down the road and out of site. I returned my attention to 'Belinda' who still wore a creepy smile. I scrutinized her, my brain trying its hardest to place an area or time when I had met this woman.

"Why do we need to talk inside?" I questioned her walking closer to my door. I noticed she followed me. By now the hairs on my neck had calmed down. She didn't seem as if she posed a threat to me, even though she was still wearing a smile. Instead, she could maybe answer a few questions that had been plaguing my mind, for example, who the hell she was.

"I feel like you might need to sit down when we speak." I nodded opening the door. I could feel her follow behind me. I moved to the side once I was in the hall way giving her space to move inside. I closed the door behind her and walked her into the living room. I took a seat on the love-chair in the corner. She sat in the middle sofa.

In the light I was able to take in her features. Her glasses for example, in the light I was able to see that they were designer, black ting framed Marc Jacobs. She wore a black dress that went to below her knee. When she sat down and her brown trench coat opened slightly, I noticed she had paired her dress with tights and heeled ankle boots.

As I regarded her she regarded me. I started to get impatient waiting for her amazing explanation for her ghostly calls and her appearing at my house.

I had seen her in the light yet I was still unable to place her anywhere, both her face and voice. I decided to initiate the conversation. "So, I'm sitting down"

"You are," She replied softly. "How are you?"

"I'm ok. How are you?" She smiled again indicating that she was fine. I rubbed my hands together. If I was home alone I would have turned on my heating but I didn't want her to enjoy the fruits of my parents labour until I knew exactly who she was.

"You're in college right?" I nodded. "What do you study?"

"The sciences and Art."

"Smart and creative." She smiled enthusiastically. She seemed... pleased? She ran her hands through her clearly dyed black hair. From the slight wrinkles in her face, she must have had some grey hair. "You're Dad said you were quiet. He's right."

I scrutinized her. How did she know my dad? She must have known him quiet well. My Dad was more private than I was and even quieter. She didn't seem like a car engineer, what my Dad worked as.

"Oh." Was all I was able to say. My Dad was in Birmingham at the moment with one of my uncles. They thought they were entrepreneurs or something and were buying cars. They wanted to start a car lot together or something like that. He had left two weeks ago and I spoke to him once every two days or something like that. My Dad, like 'Belinda' said was quiet so I didn't notice his lack of presence that much.

"How do you know my Dad?" I asked her.

Belinda took a deep breath in. Again she ran her hair through her badly dyed hair. She didn't pose a threat to me but she was already starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

"There's no easy way to say this.."

"Say what?"

She sighed loudly shuffling in her seat. I watched her waiting for some indication to where this conversation was going.