And I turned my tears into hostages... (Part 2)

And I turned my tears into hostages… (Part 2)

I picked up the strange orange object brining it closer for me to examine. I sniffed it but that didn’t help me decipher what it was. I licked up it then quickly made a face. It tasted worse that it looked.

“What are you doing?” Levi asked. He had a look of pure disgust in his face.

Wasn’t it obvious? “I’m trying to figure out what this is.”

“It’s a fxcking carrot.”

“I know, but how does one deal with these things”

Levi squinted his eyes. He looked around profoundly. “You put it in your mouth.”

“That’s he said.” I whispered as a side note looking down at the alien orange object.

“I want to punch your throat.” Levi said giving in. I looked back up at him with an innocent grin. His face relaxed and went back to its natural state, smiling.

“Why are you looking at vegetables anyway? We came in here to get snacks.”

“Yeah, I want healthy snacks”

“You?” He pointed at me. I nodded. “Healthy?” I nodded again. Levi sniggered. “You? The one that made me buy like 10 packs of those sour sweets?” I nodded remembering when Levi stole my sweet in Sainsbury’s.

“I’ll entertain this.” He sighed. “Why do you want healthy snacks?”

“Because I want to get fit.” I explained. I picked up the bag of then orange ‘carrots’. I didn’t know how I was going to eat them, but I would.

“Why? Your body’s fine.”

“I saw the Victoria Secret Fashion show last night.”

“Are you joking?”

“Candice and Jourdan are not a joke Levi”

“You really want to have a body like them?”

“Yes, what’s this?” I pointed at a rough green ball.

“Cabbage?”

“Does it taste nice?”

“It’s alright – no wait. Are you seriously trying to lose weight?”

“No, just tone so my belly looks like a washboard.” I smiled.  “Don’t worry Levi. How many sit up does it take to start developing packs?”

“What?”

“Like how many days until my body is socially acceptable for me to walk around in a bikini only?”

“It takes months” I groaned. “And dedication.” I groaned louder. “And once you have it, it’s even harder to maintain. No fatty food.” I groaned really loud to the point where a woman walking past looked back.

“I don’t really like bikinis.” I back tracked. “And I think I’m allergic to vegetables.” I slowly took all the fresh vegetables out of my basket.

“Isle 7? Snacks and biscuits?” I nodded giving in. “Your perfect Satiah. No need to change.”

After picking up our high sugar, salt and calorie snack we went back to Levi’s. He hadn’t seen the VS fashion show yet so hooked it up on his Apple TV. As soon as the show started I regretted the bag of Doritos that we had just scoffed down. Levi became completely engrossed in the show. For the first time, he didn’t say a single word about anything. Just various gasps and closing his eyes slowly.