Satiah all on his mouth like liquor!

#What’sSpellCheckToAGirlLikeMe?

Halloween

Richard knocked my door around 10. I didn’t want to leave my house this late but I needed to do work first. I finished my school work around 8, then I started getting ready at 9 and I texted Richard that he could come and pick me up at 9:30 and he was now knocking my door. I had heard his car pulling up, but instead of me doing the smart thing and going to open the door now, I stood there looking at myself from every angle. I looked ok.. I think. I wasn’t “fancy dressed” like in a Crayon Suit or something. I didn’t want to go like a sexy school girl or something but I did definitely want to make some effort. The sad thing is that effort for me is putting on a bit of makeup. I settled on wearing my favouring leather dress. It was a striking red and since I bought it a while ago I hadn’t had the chance to wear it. But it was Halloween ish I guess. If anyone asked me what I came as I would say I can a red blood cell.

I tied my hair up in a neat ballerina bun and applied make up. I must say, looking at my eyeliner and lashes, they did look amazing. You know, if I may say so myself. I also had on dark red/burgundy lipstick. Despite what my mother thought, I still did like looking nice and I did, sometimes, like girly things like make up.

I gave myself a once over again. I nodded thinking that I looked presentable. I went to meet Richard downstairs. I walked into the kitchen with Karl talking to Richard. I rolled my eyes. Jesus. I really thought that I would get here before Karl embarrassed me.

“Oh yeah, your brothers DJ Afro right?” Richard nodded. He saw me walking down and smiled. He didn’t move his eyes from me. Karl turned to see what had taken Richard attention away from their conversation. Karl raised his eyebrows. I think he was shocked that I had made such an effort. It wasn’t event that big of an effort on my behalf, but for my family I could understand his reaction.

“You ready to go?” I asked Richard. They were both being so quiet. Richard nodded with a small smile growing on his face.

“Take care of her.” Karl warned Richard. They touched hands and Karl walked back into the living rom. I smiled. I really did love how my brothers weren’t over protective over me. When Karl closed the door Richard smile grew.

***

Richard walked in first with me holding his hands behind him. Just walking in I could already tell that this was completely different compared to Ellie’s party. Ellie’s party had a more chilled vibe. There was less people than there were here, and the people at hers were dancing and talking. The music at her party didn’t warrant the dancing that was going on now. Now, at Levi’s, was Jamaican Dancehall music. I immediately got butterflies at the prospect of being expected to grind and shake my body in barely a humane way. I couldn’t do that. I looked at another girl touching her toes whilst the boy dancing behind her. I definitely couldn’t do that. I could barely bend down to tie my shoes. I could feel my heart increase. I felt so small the deeper we walked into the party. I instinctively put my free hand across my chest and held the necklace that Joseph had given to me for my 17th. I felt s out of place. I felt so condensed and compressed. I could feel my breathe starting to fasten. I was breathes away from having a mini panic attack right now.  I didn’t understand how everything had gone from 0 to 60 mph so quickly. I felt relaxed in Richards’s car. My heart skipped a little when he complimented me. But now my heart was beating so fast. I felt like a fish out of water. I was around too many people.

Richard stopped walking causing me to stop. I looked past him to see Levi walking towards us with a grin. He greeted Richard first with a short hug and a touch on the back. He moved his gaze onto me now. I gave him a small save. Most people’s attention were now on us. Undoubtedly on Richards hand around mine. Levi caught it but he moved his eyes so quickly away. I wish I could explain that his hands were in mine for practical reasons. I could have gotten lost in a second if I wasn’t holding onto him.