Kiss From a Rose

*Not spelt check. Don’t judge me.

I had tackled Jason.

Now Ellie. Richard was no longer part of the equation. I don't care if he wasn't speaking to me because I wasn't speaking to him either.

I sat down in Art once again keeping my head down. I got out my folder and opened it finishing last week’s work. I already knew that I would drop art in A2. It was such a useless subject in my end goal. But one thing I loved about art was that I was able to express myself silently. In another life I would be a successful artist.

Lydia came in next. She sat down and smiled at me as a greeting. I didn't return it. She had now just won chapter 3 in my murder journal. I had to remember how I planned to kill her before. If my memory served me right, it included a hoover of some sort.

Richard and Ellie walked in together chatting. This was time for to look down and pretend to be engrossed in my shoddy art piece.

"Morning Satiah." I smiled at Ellie without looking at her. I couldn't look at her. Lydia greeted Richard like the wet dog she was. Little did she know what had happened on Saturday night. Or maybe she did, Natasha had a tendency of bragging until the cows came home. She must have known.

"Anyway, carry on." Ellie said probing Richard to finish the conversation they were having when they walked in.

Richard and I caught each other’s eye and looked elsewhere.

"I'll tell you later." She nodded. What was so secret that I couldn’t hear, I thought.

The teacher had set the work then went to get "coffee". As soon as the door closed the class burst into a buzz of chatter knowing that she wouldn't be back until the final ten minutes.

"So, did anyone get lucky?" Ellie said opening the table for discussion. I shook my head and looked at Richard. I hope he got my judgemental look. He shook his head too. Why did that give me some comfort?

"Satiah you little minx. Everyone told me how you and Jason left together."

"Jason?" Richard spoke awakening the butterflies.

1. Why did he sound so surprised

2. Why did he suddenly feel compelled to speak? He look at me for a second almost questioning me before trying to shrug casually when Ellie nodded.

"So, what did you guys do?"

"Nothing."

"Sure you didn't." She winked. I rolled my eyes and returned to my work. Lydia was watching me though. The second year boys were seriously a commodity to this peasant. She wasn’t happy.

"Didn't you get lucky Richard?" Lydia aimed this question at Richard but looked at me. Why? I looked at her confused, why was she looking at me. Normally I wouldn’t have met her gaze, but on the way back to college Jason had let me play some Kanye West. My confidence was obviously sitting next to God right now.

Although he had said no before, this time he just smiled. He had obviously gotten “lucky”. Natasha wouldn’t have held back when it came to Richard.

Lydia started making snarky comments again, and for the first time in this art lesson, I really couldn’t care. I wanted to strangle Richard, and Ellie… well she was a problem. I planned to just avoid her. This was such an anticlimax, but I was happy. I didn’t want trouble with or awkwardness with anyone. For the rest of the lesson, I put my headphones in and focused on finishing this work.