|Chapter Thirty-Eight ~ Entering the Maze|

"Miss Tonks, would you like to tell us what happened?" Professor Dumbledore asked. I was currently in his office, sat on George's lap. I refused to be apart from him. Professor Snape and McGonagall were stood either side of Dumbledore.

"Well... I uh... entered a house and it was dark. I think it was the Burrow, but it was really hard to tell. Fred grabbed me and dragged me into a cupboard. In the cupboard were Molly, George and Arthur and they were all in some state of bloodiness, as though something or someone had beaten them. And they all kept on insisting that it was vital for us to stay quiet otherwise we would be found. Not that it mattered anyway, they still found us." I said.

"Who is this they?" Professor Dumbledore questioned.

"Death eaters. We were hiding from death eaters. And when they found us they dragged us out of the cupboard. One, McNair, had me by my hair and kept on asking me questions about which one I cared about more Fred or George. I wouldn't answer him so he tortured both of them." I said, my voice cracking slightly so George pulled me closer into his body. "He then saw that I cared more about George from my reaction... He said that their Lord teaches them to exterminate their weaknesses and love is a weakness. As a favour to me he said he'd get rid of my weakness, that's when he killed George and made me watch as he did it." I said, fresh tears rolling down my cold cheeks as George hushed me, trying to calm my violent sobbing.

"Severus, do you think it's worth doing the test?" Dumbledore asked Snape lowly.

"It could be a possibility that she possesses the gift." Professor Snape said back coldly. "The test would take a while to complete and then she would need to learn how to control it, to stop these visions from happening in the middle of the night and she would also have to learn the difference between a real vision and a fake one." He said, looking down at me.

"Gift? Vision?" I asked confused, what on earth were they talking about?

"You may have the gift of being a seer. Professor Snape will just do a test on you, if that's alright. Then you can work with Professor Trelawney to control the sight, if you have it?" Professor McGonagall explained.

"Okay..." I said, calmly standing up from George and following Professor Snape down to the dungeons where his classroom was.

"George, could you stay for a minute?" McGonagall called out to the boy that was following behind me. I continued down to the dungeons to begin the painful process of testing my ability.

- - - - - - - - - - -

The testing didn't finish until the early hours of the morning so I crept into the dormitory and crawled into my bed, hopefully I would get enough rest for the next task that was later on in the day.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Later on, after I had woken up, we all made our way down to the area for the third task. Loud music was playing and the crowed were screaming their favourites name.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the tri-wizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now Miss Tonks and Mr Diggory..." Professor Dumbledore says but is cut off by the crowed cheering as they hear our names. "And Mr Potter tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum and Mr Poliakoff..." He continues but is once again cut off as the Bulgarian crowed goes nuts. "Then Miss Delacour and Miss Badour. The first team to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter; if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather around." He ordered.

"Good luck Ariella, I'll meet you at the cup." Cedric said, arrogantly as he walked past me to stand around Dumbledore, his father Amos patting him on the back as he passed him.

"In the maze you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way." Dumbledore explained. I cast a worried glance to Harry to see him blanched of the entire colour in his face. I'm pretty sure that I looked similar.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves." Moody yelled. I watched as Cedric hugged his father, Fleur hugged her sister. I walked over to George and Fred, who immediately grabbed me into a large hug.

"We'll see you when you're the winner." Fred whispered and George just kissed me on the cheek lightly, before we all went to stand in our designated area around the maze.

"On the count of three... One..." Professor Dumbledore says, but like the first task the cannon sounds earlier and we have to enter the maze. I step into the maze and walk forwards, the hedge closing behind me, sealing off my entrance. The high walls of the maze now muffle the once loud roar of the crowed. A heavy mist circles around me as I try my best to navigate the maze, creature noises surrounding me.

I hear two more cannons sounds, letting me know that the other four champions have entered the maze and that the final stage in the competition had officially started. Picking up my pace, I now started to jog always being cautious of the roots that were intended for us to trip up on as they stuck out of the dusty ground.

I turn a corner frantically as I hear a high-pitched scream. As bad as it may seem, I can't help but think that there is one less person to compete against. Although, I was now slightly worried with what could produce a scream like that from someone.

"You've caused quite a lot of trouble..." A dark voice, with a thick Bulgarian accent said from behind me. That was the last thing I heard before my vision failed me and everything turned  black.