|Chapter Seventeen ~ Finally!|

I can't believe that I just ran away from George. I ran from a packed hall full of guests, who were all probably looking at me, just to sulk around the corridors on my own.

I didn't mind my own company, it helped me sort my head out. I had never expected George to reciprocate my feelings and his declaration hit me for six. Did he even really mean it? He could hardly look me in the eyes after. If he had meant it, would he have really blurted it out in front of everyone. I sighed, why was this causing me so much agro.

I realized that it was getting late when I walked past a window and saw the silver of the full moon reflecting off of the black lake that now housed the Durmstrang boat. Seeing as it was probably drawing close to curfew, I decided to head back towards the Gryffindor common room.

"Where have you been? George was so worried! He's freaking out. He thinks you hate him." Ginny yelled at me as soon as I entered the Red and Gold decorated room.

"I was just walking around..." I said, starting in my explanation to where I had been, before she cut me off.

"Never mind, George wants to talk to you." She said bluntly before she walked off towards the girl's dormitory. It was then that I realized that the common room was empty apart from one other person that was sat in front of the fireplace, motionless. By his slumped shoulders and ginger locks I knew exactly who it was. George.

"George... I..."

"I didn't plan to yell it at you, you know. I planned to tell you over the Christmas break, after it had been snowing." He said as I sat down beside him, he continued to gaze into the fire. "I had it all planned out and it all fell to pieces because I got jealous." He sighed, rubbing his hand down his face, obviously getting frustrated with himself.

"What had you planned?" I asked curiously. He gave me a quick glance before focusing back on the crackling fire.

"Well I was going to ask mum to bake those cinnamon and gingerbread biscuits that you love. Then I was going to suggest that we go on a walk to the village, in the snow. I know how much you love fresh snow. I was going to book the Italian restaurant that you always say smells so good. Then on the way back I was going to surprise you with some ice skating on the lake and then as we were walking home, I was going to tell you how I had had a wonderful day and that every day with you is always amazing and special. And then I was going to tell you. See, I had it all planned out."

"Oh George."

"And then I had to blurt it out in front of everyone and I know you hate attention, causing you to understandably run off and... well I should have known that you wouldn't have loved me back." He said standing up. Seeing that he was about to leave, thinking that I had rejected him, I grabbed hold of his wrist, pulling him back down to the sofa, slipping my hand down to hold his hand in mine.

"George... Is it my turn to speak now?" I asked, pulling him back to the sofa.

"I suppose I owe you that much after what I have just put you through."

"George, I've had a crush on you for a while, longer than I ever realised. I had never expected you to feel the same, so these feelings were repressed, and I was okay with that. I was okay with just being your friend. Your best friend. And then you shocked the hell out of me with your declaration in the hall and well what I'm trying to say here George is that I love you too." I said smiling at him. His face broke out into his beautiful smile, before he pulled me into a tight hug laughing with joy.

"This isn't some joke that Fred put you up to?" He asked looking at me sternly.

"Of course it's not you fool!" I yelled at him as he hugged me again. "Even Fred isn't that cruel."

"Wait there's something I want to ask you... Will you, Ariella Tonks, be my girlfriend?" He asked, kneeling down next to me on the floor.

"Yes." I said blankly before my own face matched his in a jaw-breaking grin.

"Wait till Freddie hears about this!" He yelled. "Night gorgeous." He said, pressing his lips to my cheek before he ran up the staircase to the boy's dormitory before he thought better of it and ran back down. "Oh and I love you." He smiled at me before he closed the door to his room, which he shared with his brother and Lee.

Laughing at his enthusiasm I made my way quietly up to my dormitory, being careful not to wake Angelina or Alicia. I quickly got changed into my pyjamas before I slipped in between the covers and fell to sleep.

The next morning I woke up early and made my way down to the almost empty common room. The only other person awake and down there at this time was Hermione and by the looks of it she was studying.

"Hey Herms." I said smiling at her as I sat opposite her at the desk.

"Morning Ari. You're up early. Is something the matter?" She asked. Obviously, my hate for mornings is a well-known fact by now.

"I wouldn't say that something is wrong..." I said grinning at her very much like the cat got the cream.

"Oh my god! George finally asked you, didn't he? He asked you out! Oh pleased say you said yes!"

"Herms, of course I said yes." I laughed.

"Oh that's great!" Hermione said before she rushed around the table and grabbed me into a tight hug.

"I would appreciate it, Granger, if you would stop choking my girlfriend." I heard a voice say from behind us. Hermione released me instantly and her arms were replaced with ones that were more masculine.

"Morning George." I said, turning my head and pressing my lips to his cheek in a greeting.

"Hello Love. Not even mine for a day and people are trying to steal you. Wanna head to breakfast?" He asked, pulling me up and lacing his fingers with mine as he led us out of the portrait.

"Hey? Where is my lovin' this morning?!" I heard Fred demand to our retreating backs.

"Maybe if you're nice, Ange might let you carry her books." I shouted back, not even bothering to turn around.

George and I were walking down the corridors and he was filling me in on what I had missed last night after I had left. Apparently, you weren't allowed to enter the tournament unless you were seventeen before Halloween, which left Fred and George unable to enter. Myself on the other hand was allowed since I'm seventeen on the thirtieth of October.

"So do you think you'll enter?" He asked eagerly.

"I'm not sure, it sounds like it could be pretty dangerous from what you've said."

"Where's your daring nature gone?" he smiled, putting his arm around my waist and pulling me into his side.

"Oh look the Weasel finally asked the mudblood out!" A cold voice yelled from behind us.