|Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ One Two Three|

After breakfast, the whole of the Gryffindor house was summoned to the transfiguration room for an important assembly that we needed to be in immediately.

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night and our guests gather in the great hall for well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule ball is first and foremost... a dance." Professor McGonagall said, the boys groaning and the girls leaning forward in anticipation. "Silence. The house of Godrick Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." She said this caused me to smirk. Instantly I looked up towards Fred and George who were trying to say it as fast as they could.

"Is it just me or do you think that the twins would make great monkeys." I said to Hermione as I leant around Ginny to talk to her.

"I agree." Hermione said, laughing.

"Now, to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight." McGonagall said as she faced us, before turning around and facing the boys. "Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley, will you join me." She said, grabbing onto Ron's robe and pulling him up to his feet to stand in the centre of the room in front of her. "Now, place your right hand on my waist." She directed.

"Where?" He asked confused thinking that he'd misheard her.

"My waist." She demanded. Begrudgingly he placed his hand on her waist causing some of the boys to laugh and wolf whistle at them. "Now bend your arm, Mr Filch..." She says to the grumpy, old caretaker. We all wait for a moment and then the music starts. "One two three, one two three, one two three." She counts, setting a steady beat for the dance. "Everybody come together. Boys on your feet." She said, instantly all the girls (including myself) stood up. None of the boys got to their feet, except for Neville who instantly partnered up with Ginny. Encouraged by Neville's courage more boys started to stand up and partner up with girls.

"Well, we meet again." George said placing one of his hands on his waist and the other hand slipped around mine.

"One two three, one two three." Professor McGonagall said on a constant loop, helping us get the rhythm of the waltz.

"I think we should go to the ball together." George said, as he twirled me around the room.

"I thought you'd never ask." I replied, grinning up at him.

"And switch partners!" McGonagall yelled through the room. George, bowed, kissed the hand that was previously clutched in his own before he switched to dance with his younger sister. It didn't take long for his other half to twirl me around the dance floor.

I danced with Ron, who was surprisingly graceful, and Harry, who liked stepping on my toes, until – finally – Professor McGonagall decided that we were all acceptable to represent the Gryffindor house at the Yule ball.

"I've never been twirled around so much in my life." Ginny grumbled as she wobbled a bit in her dizziness.

"Tell me about it. If I hear 'One two three' once more in at least the next five hours I might just break something." I said angrily. Hermione and Ginny just laughed at my anger.

"Oh Ari. Could you help me study this afternoon? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding an advanced potion." She asked me as we were collecting our bags.

"Yeah sure." I said, bending down and picking up a few of my books. "When do you want to get started?" I asked, slinging my bag across my shoulder.

"Umm now? If that's good for you." Hermione suggested.

"Yeah sure, do you want to go out to the lake?" I asked I knew from experience that that was the perfect place for studying.

"That's perfect, thanks." She said, waving over he shoulder at Harry and Ron before she dragged me out of the transfiguration classroom and outside towards the lake.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"Right well basically, you need to add an extra porcupine quill here, it'll make the transition for the slugs much easier." I said pointing to the book. I looked up at Hermione to see if she was following. She wasn't. Instead she was watching the Bulgarian pace, flailing his arms about, back and forth with a bunch of giggling girls running after him. "You know staring at him won't make him move any quicker." I said to her. She blushed a bright red colour before snapping her eyes back down to the book in her lap.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She said tightly, her eyes trained on the book.

"Oh you know exactly what I'm talking about." I said to her, smirking. I stood up quickly picking up my bag and books as I went. I watched Victor pace once more before I made my way quickly over to him, intercepting him on his return pace. "Victor, hi." I said, as I got closer to him.

"Ariella, hello." He said, looking at me. I watched as his eyes snapped back to Hermione's hunched figure by the tree.

"Do you have a date for the ball?" I asked, my question shocking him.

"Umm, no I don't." He said, blushing slightly.

"You should ask Hermione." I said, smiling up at him before I walked off leaving him gobsmacked. I walked right past Hermione and headed straight to the castle, George popping up just as I entered the castle.

"Wait a minute, I know that grin... What have you been up to?" He asked, a slight presence of worry in his voice.

"I was setting Hermione up on a date. Now come with me to get these stitches out?" I asked, before I walked off to the hospital wing George following behind me, shaking his head at me in humour.

"I'm glad that I'm on this side of you and not the match-makers side. You have no mercy!" He yelled at my back as we made our way through the corridors.