|Chapter Thirteen ~ Flashing Back|

"Ariella you are doing it wrong! God, I honestly thought you would be able to follow instructions." Farren growled for about the tenth time that lesson, shoving me to the side causing me to cut my finger with the knife I was holding. I hissed in pain as I examined the rather deep gash.

"Watch it Richards." George growled from the table next to us. George had luckily been placed with Alicia Spinnet, the best potion maker in our year. She looked over at me with an apologetic smile whilst I just smiled a small smile back at her, sucking my finger to stop the blood from flowing.

"Whatever Weasel. Pass me the knife Tonks and go get the valerian roots, I'll get the juice out of the sopophorous bean." He ordered whilst snatching the knife out of my hand roughly. He needs to tone down his ego, like a lot before I hex him into next month!

"Tonks! Where are you going?" Snape demanded as he walked over to where Farren and I were working. "Get back over here and help Farren immediately. Another ten points from Gryffindor!" Snape bellowed at my back. I quickly snatched the roots out of supply cupboard before sulking my way back towards our workstation.

"But sir that's not fair Ariella did all of their work!" Fred argued from the workstation behind us. As quickly as you could have said Wands Professor Snape was standing there, hovering over our station.

"Is that true?" He asked, looking at Farren. Farren quickly shook his head in the no action, a smug smile plastered on his face.

"No sir, she's just been stood there talking to the two Weasels." He said still smiling smugly, before turning to look at me.

"Oh really? Well then Weasleys detention twice a week for two weeks, same goes for you Miss. Tonks. Be in my office tonight after dinner. Oh and twenty points from Gryffindor for Mr. Weasley's poor lying skills!" He yelled at us before he stormed off to check Donovan's potion.

"Thanks a bunch Fred." I muttered underneath my breath as I quickly went back to 'helping' Farren with our potion... this was going to be a very long two hours.

Finally it was the end of potions and I was making my way with Fred and George to the courtyard to have a bit of a break before my next lesson... Merlin knows I needed it. Instead of stopping in the courtyard I found Fred and George dragging me towards the Black Lake. There was hardly anybody about due to the new sixth year timetables and the grounds were so peaceful. Although, you could faintly hear the squeals and screams that came with the first years having their first flying lesson. Ah those were the days.

- - - - - - - - -

Flashback

- - - - - - - - -

I woke up in the girls Gryffindor common room on my first day, I was still shocked that I hadn't been placed in Hufflepuff. Of course Fred and George had followed through with the Weasley family tradition and were also sorted in Gryffindor. I quickly got changed and made my way down to the common room to wait for the twins. A few of the portraits, the ones that were awake, greeted me as I walked past them. I love magic!

The common room was immensely homey. The red and gold drapes that hung around the large windows were still closed tightly, obscuring the view of the blossoming grounds below. The fire hissed, the last of its embers dying out. There were paper birds, which students from the older years had created, flying around, flapping their paper wings. Everything to do with magic was still so new to me and... lets just say... I was easily amazed back then.

As I was too busy admiring the place that I would soon be able to call my home I didn't notice Fred and George sneaking up on me until I was swept off of my feet and thrown onto the red sofa.

"What was that for?" I asked, slightly angry, as I stood up and straightened my uniform. I looked over to them and noticed that their uniform was possibly the scruffiest uniform I could have imagined... and I had seen Greg go through school. Their ties were halfway down their chests; collars upturned, robe askew and wrinkled with their hair un-brushed whereas mine looked immaculate.

"We just thought that you needed a bit of life thrown into you." They both said at the same time, smiling identical grins at me.

"I think we should fix the way she looks twin." One of them said to the other, back then I was still new to telling the difference.

"I agree!" The other one said before they stalked towards me.

"What's wrong with the way I look?" I demanded, still a bit shocked that they actually thought I looked lifeless.

"Not exactly wrong... we just can't have a friend of the amazing Weasley twins looking like... well that." I think George, or was it Fred, said as he grabbed the knot of my tie and pulled it down whilst his twin ruffled my hair turning it into a messy ponytail instead of my immaculate one.

"And how exactly did I look?" I questioned.

"Like you've got a stick rammed up your..."

"Fred! George! You should be making your way to breakfast." Their older brother, Percy yelled.

"Sure mum..." one of the twins said rolling his eyes at the other ginger.

"The way that you're dressed you could be one of his friends not ours." The other twin whispered.

Since that day my uniform got more and more scruffy, and my skirt got shorter and shorter. But my hair was the one thing that I continued to take pride in and brushed religiously.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

End of Flashback

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"What you are grinning at, you mad child?" Fred asked, poking me in the soft flesh just under my ribs.

"Oh, the first day of classes when you messed up my uniform and said that I looked like one of Percy's friends." I said laughing as his face lit up at the memory. He then proceeded to scan his eyes down my body, taking in my full appearance.

"And I notice that you never went back to dressing like that." He laughed, bumping our hips together whilst we walked.

"You and Georgie wouldn't have allowed it."

"Hmm true my dear friend, very true." He said laughing. We finally made it to the black lake and sat under the large tree that created the right amount of shade for all three of us that would have allowed us to sit under there, side by side for the whole afternoon. Unfortunately there were classes to attend.

"I still can't believe Snape paired you with Richards for the whole year." George grumbled as he leant back again.

"I swear if he had shoved you one more time, George was going to leap over the table and strangle him in front of Snape." Fred grinned, nudging his twins' foot.

"Well then we would have a lot longer than two weeks of detention. First day and we're already booked up. Thanks for that Fred." I sighed as I pulled out my notebook. I began sketching the black lake. Drawing always helped me escape, I was completely oblivious to what was happening around me, the low conversation that the twins were having was flying straight over my head. I only came out of my trance when George nudged his shoulder with mine.

"Come on, we should be heading back. We've got charms next with Hufflepuff." George smiled.

"At least there won't be any favouritism in that class." I smiled back. "What do you have next Fred?" I asked as I let George pull me to my feet.

"I've got a free baby." He grinned, laying back on the grass, his hands behind his head. "I might go and see if I can find Angelina, work a bit of my magic." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Might want to go and brush your teeth first then mate." George said, I just wrinkled my nose.