|Chapter Thirty-Four ~ Hidden Secret|

The next morning I walked down to breakfast with Hermione, we were discussing the second task.

"So Cedric solved the egg's clue and told you the riddle?" Hermione asked as I sat with her at the Gryffindor table. The Great Hall was still in its ice palace décor, making it feel even more magical than usual.

"Yep. I'm waiting for Harry to get it though before I tell you my plans. To be honest I don't even know what I'm doing yet myself." I said honestly, picking up a piece of bacon from a platter on the centre of the table.

"Fair enough." Hermione said reaching for a slice of toast. We sat in silence for a few minutes before Ron came storming in. Took one look at Hermione and I and walked straight back out again.

"You're still fighting?" I asked, even though it was obvious, as I watched Hermione's face sadden as she watched him leave. "What even happened that night?" I asked, I was hopeful that I would get some information out of her no-one had had any luck – not even Harry!

"He demanded that I stop dancing with Victor, and how could I do that to Harry and you. According to him I was fraternising with the enemy, well I wasn't the one that was desperate for his autography." Hermione said, angrily stabbing her omelette.

"Boys are stupid, take no notice of them." I said, not realising that the twins had slid into their seats beside me.

"Hey, I resent that!" They both yelled as they heard my last statement.

"I wasn't talking about you two, per-say. More like your little bother I was talking about." I said, leaning up and giving both George and Fred a kiss on the cheek.

"Ron's always been stupid. Don't tell mum this, but we dropped him on his head by accident when he was a baby." George whispered into my ear.

"George! That's terrible!" I screeched, hitting his arm. "Why didn't tell your mother? Ron could have been seriously hurt!" I said, getting annoyed with his and Fred's carelessness.

"He's fine though isn't he?" Fred asked calmly, pulling on my sleeve to get me to sit down.

"I guess..." I mumbled. "I'm sorry I yelled George." I whispered as I burrowed into his side.

"Oh look here. Weasels and the Mud-Bloods, how touching." A voice from behind us said.

"What do you want Farren?" Fred asked annoyed.

"I just want a little chat with the champion." He said, sneering the last word and looking coldly at me.

"Whatever Farren." I said, standing up. It didn't take long for him to grab my arm roughly – much to the twins' hatred – and dragged me along behind him till we were outside in the courtyard. "Get it over with." I huffed as we stood in the deserted area.

"What did you do to Donovan?" He demanded, gripping my upper arm more tightly.

"What do you mean? I haven't done anything to him!" I yelled, trying to snatch my arm back, but this just caused him to grip harder.

"I don't know. Have you hexed him, slipped him a potion or put a charm on him!" He yelled. "Huh have you?" He demanded, shaking me roughly.

"I did nothing of the sort! And why what's wrong?" I asked confused with why Farren was acting this way. He gave off the impression that he couldn't give a flying jiggle puff about anyone.

"All he can talk about is Ariella this Ari that. Every time I say something more often then not he says, 'oh that reminds me, this one time, back when Ari and I were...' It is getting on my nerves!" Farren yelled at me.

"Well Farren, believe it or not, it's not my fault! Maybe you should treat your friends better. I don't know actually care about someone for once in your life!" I hissed, finally managing to pull my arm from his grasp.

"You don't get it Ariella! I do care! But that's the thing I'm not allowed to care! Do you know what my father does to people like me? Do you?" He yelled, pulling at his hair in agitation.

"What do you mean 'people like you'?" I asked curious as to why he was getting so caught up on this, why he was so caught up on Crevan. And then it hit me. "You're gay?" I asked making sure that my revelation was correct.

"No one can know about it Ariella! No one!" Farren said, grabbing my arms tightly again.

"I wasn't planning on telling anyone Farren." I said quietly.

"Good." He said, letting go of my arms. "It looks like your Weasels are here to save you from the big bad wolf. I'll see you around, oh and good luck in the tournament." Farren said, cracking me the only smile I had ever seen him give, and I wouldn't be holding my breath for another one.

"Yeah, see you around." I mumbled back. I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Farren was gay. He was so... so straight.

"What did he want?" George asked, coming to stand next to me as I watched Farren walk away, down the hill towards the owlery.

"Just a question about the potion work that we're meant to be doing in a few weeks." I lied, hiding Farren's secret that he was so desperate to hide until he was ready to be himself.