|Chapter Forty ~ Leaving Home Behind|

I was pacing back and forward in front of the maze waiting for Cedric and Harry to come back and say that it was all hoax, that my vision was fake. But the longer I waited, the more I started to believe my vision to be true. There was a popping noise coming from where everyone appeared who had exited the maze. I got excited hoping that it was one of the pair from Hogwarts. It was Nanette.

"Where is the cup? I can't find it! It was no where!" She cried as Fleur rushed to her teammates aid. Dread filled my stomach, creating an empty pit of despair. Suddenly Harry and Cedric appear, the cup lying on the floor next to them, the crowed cheering at the victory of Hogwarts. But what they don't see, that I do see, is Cedric's open eyes, glassed over with no expression. Harry's weeping is brought to my attention as he clings to Cedric's body, fills in the gaps. The vision was real. Solemnly I join Harry as he clings to him.

"Cedric." I whisper as I place my hand over his eyes, closing them in the process. Fleur screams alerting everyone to the fact that there is something wrong.

"Harry! Harry!" Dumbledore yells as he tries to prize him away from the now dead body. "Tell me what happened!" He says.

"He's back, he's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there." Harry cries as he clutches Cedric's body.

"It's alright Harry. It's alright, he's home, you both are." Dumbledore says, trying to sooth Harry's crying. I look up at George from my position next to Cedric's face and rush to him, clinging to him as though he would disappear from right under my nose.

"Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed. The body must be moved Dumbledore, there are... too many people." Fudge says, not that it makes much difference, the now silent crowed could hear every word.

"Let me through! That's my son! My boy!" Amos yells as he pushes his way through the crowed, Arthur hot on his heels and breaks down over his son. Mr Weasley, wanting to give his friend some time with his son walks over to Fred, George and I.

"Ariella, what's going?" He asks quietly. I open and close my mouth, like a fish, but no noise comes out... so George answers for me.

"Ari has visions, she's recently been tested for being a seer, and she had a vision that led to this outcome." George said grimly as I burrowed my head into his chest. I felt Mr Weasley place a heavy hand on my shoulder before he moved over to console Amos.

"I want all students to go to the Great Hall! Immediately!" Professor McGonagall yelled into the solemn crowed. Quickly and quietly people started to file out, my eyes frantically searching for Harry. When I don't see him and there are only the twins and myself left to file out of the arena, I panic.

"Umm Professor McGonagall." I said quietly as I approached the grieving teachers who lingered around Cedric.

"Yes Ariella?" She asks in a whisper.

"I don't mean to worry you, but Harry has disappeared and so has Professor Moody." I said to her still whispering.

"Thank you, you and the Weasleys should head over to the Great Hall now." She said, ushering me back over to the twins who pulled me along with them up to the castle.

The castle  holds more than thousands of students all grieving as one, not just for the great loss of a friend and peer but also for the loss of the safe future that they would have. If Harry was right – if I was right – then Voldemort was back and he planned on keeping prisoners, which meant none of us were safe.

- - - - - - - - - -

The next afternoon the whole school – and visiting schools – was gathered in the Great Hall for a special assembly in remembrance of Cedric. The saddened mood around the castle affected everything. The portraits were all black and silent, the creatures in the forest stood at the edge in silence to show respect. The creatures of the deep that we had encountered leant up onto the shore to be counted for in the bereavement of the schools loss.

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important then ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end." Professor Dumbledore's voice said as it echoed around the silent students. I was sat with Victor on my left and George on my right. George was my moral support, the person that was there with a shoulder waiting to soak my tears in, whilst Victor was my partner who cried along with me.

Once Dumbledore had said his final words it was time to say goodbye to our guests whom we had spent the great deal of a year with.

"It was great to meet you stay in touch?" Fleur asked as her and Nanette handed me their mailing addresses before hugging me and moving off to say good-bye to Harry and Ron. I saw Victor hand Hermione something before he kissed her hand and walked over to me.

"You will write to me yes?" He asked as he handed me a piece of parchment with his address on it.

"Of course." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging me. I watched as the Beauxbaton and the Durmstrang students left before I walked back to the castle to collect my trunk to take it to Hogsmeade station.

"It's all different now." Fred said as he pulled my trunk along with his to the train. The scarlet train was already in the station with Hogwarts Express written in gold letters down the side.

"It's Hogwarts... did you ever expect any regularity?" I joked as we boarded the train, all four of us – Lee, Fred, George and I.

"I suppose not." Fred muttered as he plonked himself down on the red bench of the compartment.

"Are you coming to our house over the summer?" George asked as he sat next to me, looping his arm around my waist.

"Do you even have to ask? There would be no way that I would miss any of the mayhem that will be caused by the Weasleys." I said smiling at him as I gazed out of the window and watched the castle, my home, disappear from my sight.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sadly that's the end and the final chapter of 'The Weasley Mayhem', I'd like to thank everyone who has followed this story right to the end.

I would also like to know how many of you want to see another instalment in Ariella's story. The more people that comment for one the quicker my writing will be!

Thanks again!

Sophie x