|Chapter Twenty-Five ~ Dragons!|

I was walking the corridors of Hogwarts after breakfast looking for one of my friends to do something when Ron came running up to me, panting and more pale than I had ever seen him before. And he's normally pretty pale.

"Ron? Are you okay?" I ask as he comes to a stop right in front of me, hunches over and heaves for his breath.

"There's something you've got to see." He finally manages to get out. He stands up straighter, grabs the edge of my Gryffindor robe and pulls me along behind him. Ron pulls me past all of the classrooms, past the Great hall, past the quidditch pitch, even past Hagrid's hut. It's not until we've stepped into the forbidden forest that I speak up.

"Ron! Where on earth are you taking me?" I demand, attempting to rip my arm away from his tight clutch, unfortunately to no success, as he continues to drag me through the forest behind him. Occasionally I trip on a tree branch, and my robe rips in thorns that don't want me to go any deeper into the forest.

"Trust me." He bites out as he continues to pull me along, until finally I see Hagrid and Hermione talking to a tall ginger haired boy.

"Charlie? What are you doing here?" I ask, confused, as I get closer to the group and finally manage to identify the second oldest Weasley child, whom they were previously talking to.

"I'm here for the tournament, mum and dad say that they'll be here to support you and Harry and they also send you their love. They wanted to come today but dad couldn't get time off of work." Charlie says, enveloping me into a hug. The moment is broken when a deep roaring sounds through the woods.

"What the hell was that?" I ask, worried that we were about to be eaten by some sort of monster. Fear running through my veins.

"That, Miss Tonks, would be your first challenge." Charlie says, pushing back a bush and stepping through it and onto singed ground. The rest of us follow behind him, myself in confusion.

"Oh my..." I say as I look around my surroundings and take in the four large cages that contained four very large (and very real) dragons that were being handled by Romanians, occasionally breathing fire in their directions.

"Beauties..." Hagrid said from beside me in awe as he looked at all of the dragons, his jaw slacking. I remember four years ago, Hagrid came into possession of a dragon egg. He nurtured it until it hatched, but when it did the school found out the dragon was sent to Romania with others of his kind. Although Hagrid was upset he knew it was for the best. "How's Norbert?" Hagrid asked Charlie.

"He's doing well Hagrid. An infertile female took him under her wing and treats Norbert like he is hers." Charlie said smiling at the large man who now had tears leaking down his eyes.

"Dragons! They are the first task?" I ask hesitantly. "You've got to be joking."

"When have you ever known me to joke about Dragons?" He asked as he looked me dead in the eye. "I've got to go help out, that Horntail is a nasty piece of work." Charlie says as he walks past me to go and help another handler who was struggling with a red dragon.

"You should really let Harry know about this." I say to Ron and Hermione. Hermione nods in agreement but Ron just makes a sour face. "Seriously Ron, get over it!" I growl at him as I shove my way past him and start walking back towards the castle.

"Ari where have you been?" George asks as I walk past him in the courtyard. I slow my pace so that we're walking together side by side.

"I just went to go visit Hagrid with Ron and Hermione." I lied... well technically it was half of the truth. I didn't want to tell him whilst everyone was around, listening in on all of our conversations.

"Oh, you should have told Freddie and I, we would have come with you guys." He said, taking my hand and lacing it with his. We walked around the castle for what must have been hours, not doing anything particular just walking and talking. The whole school had been given a free day in order to prepare for the start of the competition. "So the first task is dragons?" George asked confused.

"Yep, oh and Charlie's here. He was handling the dragons." I said to George. I noticed George stiffen at the mention of his brother's name. "So yeah, I have no idea what Cedric, Harry and I are going to do." I said worryingly.

"You'll work it out I know you will." George said smiling at me. We continued to walk in silence till we got the Great Hall and I spot Hermione and Ron. I walk up to them, leaving George to find his twin, and slide into the seat next to Herms.

"Did you tell Harry yet?" I ask as I cast a look at the fourteen year old that sports the lightning bolt scar that was sitting down the table with Neville Longbottom.

"Yeah, he's going to see them tonight we think." Hermione says, smiling at me.

"Okay, that's good." I say smiling. My smile falters as I see Cedric and a bunch of his friends pin badges to their robes. The badges held Cedric's face on a yellow background. It then changes to a sickly green colour with Harry's face on it with 'Potter Stinks' written above his face. In anger I stand up and storm out the hall, walking into Professor Moody in the process.

"Ah Miss Tonks. Just the lady I was looking for." He says. "Can we talk?" He asks, pulling me over to the side away from the prying eyes of the rest of the students.

"What was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" I ask, confused. I was pretty sure I didn't misbehave in his lesson, I was too afraid of the man to even raise my hand.

"Your dragon." He says bluntly. "How are you going to go about defeating it?" He asked me.

"Well I uhh I didn't think that I would be competing. Cedric and Harry would have..." I said but was cut off by the mad professor.

"Cedric is a coward. He's not going to be up for the challenge of fighting a dragon. You need to think. What are you good at?" He asks, although something in his eye tells me that he already knew.

"Umm school?" I said hesitantly.

"Good, which lessons?" He asked.

"Umm I'm pretty good at defence against the dark arts and charms." I said smiling slightly.

"Are you familiar with the term... 'Fight fire with fire'?" He asked me before he hobbled off leaving me on my own to dwell on his words.