|Chapter Thirty-Three ~ Clued In|

The next morning I was just walking around along the second floor, minding my own business, when Cedric ran up to me. Grinning at me like a Cheshire cat that had just got the cream.

"Ariella I got it! I know what the second task is!" He said, grinning at me. "There I was in the prefects' bathroom... Have you seen how big and luxurious it is?" Cedric asked, breaking off from his story.

"Umm no, I'm not a prefect." I said. Only prefects, and those who knew the password, could get into the bathroom. Apparently it had a big Jacuzzi bath.

"Anyway as I was saying. I went to the prefects' bathroom to have a bath... obviously. And for some strange reason I decided to take the egg with me." He said still smiling at me. "So there I was sitting in the bath looking out the window at the black lake and I was just thinking about all the dangerous creatures could be under there. And then it hit me. What if the clue has something to do with water so I put the egg..." He said, before I cut him off.

"Cedric, as riveting and exciting as this story is can you get to the point?" I asked getting impatient.

"Right, yeah. Sorry. Anyway the eggs clue was the voice of a mermaid telling us a riddle. I've written it down for you." He said, handing me a piece of parchment with the cursive writing written on it.

Come seek us where our voices sound.

We cannot sing above the ground.

An hour long you'll have to look

to recover what we took.

"So you think that we have to go into the black lake for an hour to find something that mermaids have stolen?" I asked, confused.

"Yep, I'm just about to go tell Potter about the prefects' bath, see if it can help him a bit. I suggest that you start looking up ways to hold your breath for an hour." He said before walking off to find Harry.

I looked at the piece of scrap parchment before I quickly ran off to the library, hopefully there will be something in there that lets me breathe underwater for an hour.

- - - - - - -

I walked into the library to see Hermione sat in the corner Victor Krum sat opposite her. When I entered the room, Hermione's head snapped up to see who was there, when she saw it was me she waved me over.

"Hello Victor, Hermione." I said, approaching their table.

"Ariella." Victor said politely, as I sat down next to him.

"Umm Victor? Could you give us a minute? I need to talk to Ari about something." She requested to the Bulgarian, to which he complied.

"So what is so top secret that the Bulgarian Bonbon had to be sent away?" I asked intrigued as I pulled out my Charms book, flipping through the pages for a Charm that would allow me to survive for an hour without oxygen.

"He's so annoying Ari. He just sits there and stares at me all the time, he can't even pronounce my name correctly." She huffed, putting her quill down, slightly spilling ink during the process. "Oops sorry." She said, as she moped up the ink.

"Its alright. And I know he doesn't say it correctly, I heard you trying to teach him at the Yule Ball. But does it really matter if he can't say your name correctly does it? You could just look at him, you don't have to speak." I joked, laughing as her face contorted into a grimace.

"Can't you take him off of my hands?" She pleaded, giving me big eyes.

"Sorry no can do. What would Georgie think?" I said, referencing my favourite ginger. "But I'm sure if you ask any other girl here, either from Hogwarts or Beauxbatons, would eat your arm up." I said laughing at the mental image I had just given myself. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find Janah. I think it's about time I sent Nymph a letter." I said, standing up and walking back out of the library and heading towards the owlery in the West Tower of Hogwarts.

I climbed up, right, to the top of the tower. Finally finding Janah in her perch near to top of the tower. I clicked my tongue to her and held out my arm, waiting for her to climb on. I carried her up to a large open window place, setting her down on the ridge before I slid down the wall and pulled out some parchment and a pen.

Dear Nymphadora

I know you hate the name but I just couldn't help it! Hogwarts is a lot different this year... For starters there isn't any quidditch because of the Tri-Wizard Tournament that we're hosting this year. Of course Angelina Johnson is absolutely furious about this, this was her year to be captain for this one year. Next year she has to pass it on to someone else (hopefully Harry). Anyway, the tournament decided to surprise us this year. Instead of having three (solo) champions there are three teams of champions, and I got selected along with Cedric Diggory and guess who, Harry!

            On other notes, school is going good. George and I are dating; the twins are still causing trouble and mayhem as per usual. I don't know how Molly copes with them.

            Thank you for the birthday and Christmas present, they were great I really needed the new diary, and the earrings were gorgeous. Did you have a good Christmas? How are Mum and Dad? I haven't heard from them since I left last summer.

            Love Ariella x

P.S. If you happen to know of a spell that would allow me to breathe underwater for an hour, you telling me would seriously help! And the sooner the better. Thanks.

I wrote before sealing the letter and writing Nymphadora Tonks on the front. "Janah." I said clucking my tongue to get her attention. "Take this to Nymph." I commanded, handing my owl the letter, which she grabbed with her beak before flying off. I watched as my owl soared over the Scottish hills that surrounded the castle before disappearing out of sight.