|Chapter Twenty-Three ~ Campion!|

Authors Note: Some parts of this chapter have changed the plot (slightly) of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire... Please don't hate!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next evening everyone was gathered in the great hall for the reveal of the three champions, one from each school. Everyone was sat on benches that had been pushed up to the side of the room, I was sat in between the, once again ginger, twins with Ron, Harry and Hermione sat in front of us.

"Did you put your name in in the end?" Hermione asked, her eyes twinkling. They all knew that yesterday was my birthday yet none of my 'friends' had acknowledged it apart from Herms.

"Yeah I did. I'm kind of regretting it now though." I said, blushing slightly as dread settled in the pit of my stomach.

"I really hope either you or Angelina are the champions, nothing quite like girl power." Hermione said encouragingly as she smiled up at me. I was about to reply to her but in strode Professor Dumbledore, commanding the attention of the whole entire room.

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Dumbledore yelled to the awaiting students, some in anxiety and some (more commonly the students that were too young to enter the competition) in excitement. We all watch as he approaches the blue flame, causing it to turn red, shooting out a piece of parchment with it. "The Durmstrang champion is... Viktor Krum!" The whole Durmstrang (and some Slytherins) crowed cheered as he strode into the trophy room. We watched as Dumbledore turned the parchment over and read out what was on it. "It appears that the Goblet has chosen a second student from Durmstrang to work alongside Mr Krum as a team. Would Mr Poliakoff please join his peer?" Dumbledore announced. We watched as a scruffy looking boy, with long, unwashed hair stood from an abandoned bench.

"Preposterous! He cannot compete, look at him!" Igor Karkaroff, the headmaster of the fine institute, yelled as he stormed into the trophy room after his champions. The hall burst into chatter about the schools having two representatives rather than one, surely this shouldn't be happening? We watched in awe as the blue flame turned red again and another name (or two?) came out of the fire.

"The champion from Beauxabatons... Fleur Delacour. Miss Delacour's teammate is Nanette Badour!" Dumbledore called, the dainty French girls clapped in congratulations as the two blonde girls stood from their places next to each other on a bench and hugged.

"Bravo!" Madame Maxine called as she watched, proudly, her champions disappear to join the Durmstrang champions.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory. His partner is Ariella Tonks!" Dumbledore yelled above the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor students cheer. I watch in shock as Cedric reaches the stage, I'm still sat frozen in my place.

"Ari go!" Fred yelled as George pushes me from my seat and I shuffle my way towards Cedric, Gryffindor students congratulating me and wishing me luck as I went.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions and their teammates! But in the end only one team will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory... the tri-wizard cup!" I hear Dumbledore say as we disappear behind the door, that's when my nerves kick in. I will have to compete, in a team... with Cedric Diggory!

"Ah zi Ogwarts champions." Fleur says as she looks at me disapprovingly, and then moves her gaze to Cedric.

"Who vas called first?" A gruff voice, Krum, asks from next to her.

"I was." Cedric says proudly. "But Ariella is my teammate and we get on well, so you should watch your backs." Cedric says, grabbing my arm and dragging me off to stand by a cabinet that contained some of the old Quidditch cups. During my first year, before I was on the team, I used to spend most of my time gazing at these trophies that was until a few years ago that I experienced lifting the cup with my own hands... and it was all thanks to Harry. "We need to discuss tactics; I know that you are younger than me but there must be some way that we can make this work." He says, sighing as he runs his hands through his hair. Suddenly there's a clanging of gates, a clear tell tail sign that someone is arriving. As we made our way back to the group, I was shocked to see whom the person was.

"Harry?" I asked as I rushed over to the shocked boy, who just blinked up at me and opened his fisted hand. Within it was a piece of burnt parchment with his name scrawled across it.

"Harry! Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" Dumbledore demanded, grabbing Harry roughly and shoving him into some trophies.

"No sir!" Harry said you would be able to see the fear radiating off of him even if you were blind!

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

"No sir." Harry said, denying ever entering the competition.

"You're absolutely sure?" Dumbledore asked.

"Yes sir." Harry said. I watched as Dumbledore's face softened as he let Harry go. Immediately I pulled him towards me and engulfed him into a hug.

"Well of course he is lying!" Maxine yelled as she stomped heavily into the room, knocking the light out of her way.

"The hell he is. The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object; only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year." Mad-Eye explained as he made his presence known to the room.

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought Mad-Eye." Igor said, suspicion and venom laced in his voice, causing tension to build in the room.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff, perhaps you remember?" Moody hissed back to the headmaster.

"That doesn't help Alastor. Leave this to you Barty." Dumbledore said, turning to the frail man.

"The rules are absolute; the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr Potter has no choice, he is as of tonight... a tri-wizards champion." Barty said everyone turned to look at the boy that stood beside me as realisation dawned on them. They would have to compete against a fourteen-year-old boy; I might have to compete against a boy of fourteen! My friend!

"Well, with that said, I think it's time for you all to go to bed. There is a lot everyone must consider and digest." Professor Dumbledore said, dismissing everyone. I stayed behind and watched as the room emptied leaving only Professor Snape, Professor McGonagall, Professor Moody, Professor Dumbledore and myself.

"What is it Miss Tonks." Snape hissed as he realised, I was still there.

"Umm, I was just wondering who Harry's teammate is? I never noticed anyone accompany him." I said meekly. I had never been in such a small room with so many teachers on my own, and I found it incredibly intimidating.

"There was no other name on the parchment." Dumbledore said, his brows furrowing.

"But what if he gets hurt? Surely, he would need someone to compete with him. Everyone else is in pairs!" I said, voicing my concern for my friend.

"She's right Albus." McGonagall said, looking at me with pity.

"Why not have Miss Tonks helping both Hogwarts champions? It would level the playing field and it would make the other schools feel more at ease than they would if we chose a student to compete with Mr Potter." Snape said, casting me a disgusted look.

"Very well, if Miss Tonks is up to the challenge." Dumbledore said as he turned to leave the room. I looked in shock at McGonagall who just smiled at me. It looked like I had no choice. I left the trophy room with dampened spirits. Once I returned to my common room the party was in full swing. Gryffindor technically had two champions... and I was one of them!