|Chapter Twelve ~ Partners with the Devil|

Hey guys, just a quick note: on the right is a picture of Farren, I did edit the picture it just doesn't seem to have worked... anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

- - - - - - 

Unfortunately for us we had double potions first with the Slytherin house... Great, just bloody brilliant, another year where Professor Snape decides to show his clear favouritism to his own house.

"Don't sigh so deeply Ari..." Fred said, slinging his arm over my shoulder as we walked down towards the dungeons.

"Yeah, people will start to think you have the weight of the world on your shoulders." George joked, hunching over with exaggeration.

"Whatever." I said before I noticed someone. "Hey Angelina, wait up!" I called, running after her and Alicia. "Do you mind if I walk with you... I've got a twingraine?" I asked them, using my word I made up for when the twins gave me a migraine, which was frequently.

"Yeah sure no problems." Angelina said, smiling at me.

"I don't know how you can stand to be around them all the time with all the pranks and jokes they pull." Alicia said laughing as Angelina and myself pulled a face at the mention of pranks, no doubt Angelina was remembering the time they decided to switch her shampoo with green hair dye the day of a Quidditch match against Slytherin... Needless to say, they enjoyed the support that was being shown to them by a very proud Gryffindor player.

"I suppose you get used to it... there isn't really a lot you can do to stop them unless, of course, you're Molly." I said laughing with the girls. If there was one thing that could stop the boys from pranking, you could bet it would be Molly Weasley. When she wanted to be, she was an absolutely terrifying woman! "You get used the them after a while and when they want to be, they can be quite nice."

We stopped laughing as soon as we caught sight of the sixth year Slytherins standing around Snape's door, waiting to be let in. Low and behold the one Slytherin I really didn't want to see was standing at the back of the group glaring at me with his cold beady eyes, Farren Richards, my own personal hell.

Farren stood at the intimidating height of six foot, well intimidating for my five foot five anyway. His brown hair spiked up with gel, they were probably tough enough to impale somebodies' hand without falling flat. And his brown eyes twinkled with trouble. If he wasn't evil, he would be considered quite a catch, but unfortunately for some unlucky girls, cheetahs never change their spots, and that's exactly what he was a cheater. In all of the years that I have known him I have never, ever seen him with only one girl draped over his arms or clinging to his chest.

Farren had had it out for me right from the very beginning and it only got worse once he found out I was muggle-born. Him being in Slytherin and me being in Gryffindor it was expected that there was to be rivalry between us, but this was probably the biggest rivalry in the school. Even bigger than the Malfoy Potter rivalry, and that was pretty big. It wouldn't just stop at name calling though, that I could handle.

First year he pushed me down the stairs, causing me to break my arm. Second year he threw a book at my head, I had a mild concussion. Third year he aimed a bludger at me from a meter away, I was unconscious for about three weeks. Fourth year he jinxed my broom, let's just say the Whomping Willow had more wood to it than it normally does. And last year, last year he decided that it would be funny to set fire to my robes... whilst I was still wearing them. But really... we are the best of friends! (Note my heavy use of sarcasm).

"Oh hello there my darling Ariella, I trust that you had a good summer with the Weasels?" Farren asked tauntingly, moving towards us. His goons, Crevan Donovan and Than Remington, following behind him like loyal lapdogs. Donovan and Remington were nasty pieces of work, but nowhere near as bad as Farren. There was a point, back when we were all first years, when Donovan was nice to me. A bit of a shocker really.

Crevan had changed since that last time I'd seen him. It was clear to anyone, even me, that he had been pretty much been living in the gym if his now huge biceps were anything to go by. Gone was the lanky, speckled, shy kid and in his place stood a tall, obnoxious Slytherin Prince with the same dark hair and cold grey eyes.

Than, well Than was Than. Nothing much had changed about him. He still was the cruel tall, thin guy with the freckles. Yet if you mentioned the freckles, you'd have a black eye for weeks. He never did have the best temper...

"Just leave her alone Farren." George said, coming to stand next to me... squaring up to Farren in the process. George was surprisingly an equal match for Farren, with his beaters build, his broad shoulders protected me from the evil glare of Farren. Oh George, you've gone and doomed us all now.

"Ah speak of a Weasel and two shall appear." He said, noticing the presence of the very people he would continue to insult. "No worries, your girlfriend should be fine for the time being... although I would be extra cautious around stairs. Nasty little buggers they are. Anyway see you around Ariella." Farren said, before walking away and throwing his arm over some Slytherin girl. This can't be good; he didn't act on impulse like he usually does. When he acts on impulse the things he does are horrible, but when he has time to think about them... they are much, much worse.

"Enter!" The cold voice that everyone knew as Professor Snape said, coming to the door and allowing us onto the boundaries of his classroom. "Mr. Weasley and Mr. Weasley, I was somewhat shocked to find your names on my list." He said coldly to Fred and George as they walked past him. Being extra careful not to have any contact with him whatsoever.

"Ummm, we love your lessons Snape. Couldn't get enough." Fred said in politeness as they walked past him to join me on a bench.

"Right welcome to N.E.W.T level potions. If potions isn't something that you are passionate about I expect you to leave immediately before you go about wasting anymore of my time." He said, addressing the class, glaring at all of us except the Slytherins of course.

"He acts as if his time is so precious... What has he got to do except grease up his hair and make our lives a misery?" George whispered into my ear causing me to laugh loudly. Drawing the attention of everybody.

"Miss. Tonks, Mr. Weasley, something that you'd like to share with the rest of the class?" Snape asked. When we didn't answer he continued. "Thought not, five points from Gryffindor!" He announced causing everyone from Gryffindor to groan. "That will be another five! Miss. Tonks get your possessions and move next to Farren." Professor Snape announced, turning back round to the blackboard. I sat there in shock; surely, he didn't want me to sit next to Farren Richards? I looked towards Farren and saw him smirking at me, when he noticed me looking in his direction in shock he gave me a little wave, mockingly. When Snape turned back around and noticed me in the same place, not having moved a muscle he turned four shades of red. A new feat, even for him. "I meant now! Don't make me take fifteen points from your house on the first lesson!" He yelled, causing everyone to shrink back in his or her seats. Quickly I grabbed my stuff and moved to the open space next to Farren.

"Why hello there, Ariella, fancy seeing you so soon." Farren said lowly in my ear.

"Do. Not. Speak. To. Me." I managed to get out through clenched teeth. I turned to the board to see what we were brewing today. Bottled Death was written in Snape's messy scrawl. Great, as if Farren needed the idea to kill me, he's basically just been given the go ahead.

"The person next to you will be your partner, collect your ingredients and begin." Snape growled out at us, I turned and saw my partner, the one and only... Farren Richards. Great just great!

"Come on partner!" Farren said, giving me a sly grin. Merlin, strike me down dead... please I beg of you!