|Chapter Eighteen ~ Friends Again?|

"Do not call her that!" George growled out at Draco, pushing me behind his body.

"Call her what? A mudblood? But that's what she is. A filthy do gooder mudblood and you're a stupid blood traitor. You two make the perfect match." Draco sneered, laughing with his 'friends' Crabbe, Goyle and Zabini. George pushing Draco up against the wall, his wand at the blonde boy's throat, cut their laughter short.

"George!" I yelled, alarmed by his actions. I've never seen him look so... so dangerous. And I've known him since I was eleven!

"What are you going to do curse me?" Draco asked sarcastically.

"No... I'm going to punch you." George answered before he drew his fist back and punched Draco in the nose. A sickening crunch sounded down the hallway followed by cries of pain.

"Wait till my father hears about this!" Draco yelled before he ran of whimpering, his friends following behind him, leaving me gob smacked and George absolutely seething.

"Yeah you tell him how you let a filthy blood traitor lay a hand on you!" George yelled at his retreating back.

"George? Where on earth did that come from?" I asked softly as I walked towards him and gently placed my hand on his arm. George instantly relaxed to my touch.

"He called you a mudblood Ari. I don't care if he insults me but when he calls you that... that name, that's when I lose it. Normally Fred has to hold me back and no offence you don't have the same physical strength as he does." He said, wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me into a hug.

"George, as sweet as it is that you would do that for me, you can't lose it like that. He's just a fourth year, no matter how much of a git he is. If a teacher saw you know your mum's howler would be death." I said to him as I hugged him back.

"I know, I know. But I think mum would actually be proud of me, she loves you more than Fred and I swear." He shrugged.

"How's your hand?"

"Yeah just fine. Fred and I learned how to throw a punch a couple of years back in case we had to protect your honour. Come on, let's go get some food, I'm hungry." He said as he pulled away from my embrace and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the Great Hall.

"You're always hungry." I laughed as he dragged me along behind him and settled us down on the Gryffindor bench. I looked around the room and saw that hardly any Hogwarts students were awake. There were quite a few students from Durmstrang, including the famous Victor Krum, sitting at the Slytherin table along with some Slytherins, Farren and Draco, who shot us an angry glare, included. Whilst the Ravenclaw table was a sea of blue, it seemed that all of the French were early risers with their hair immaculate.

"Why hello there Weasley... Tonks." Farren said, coming to stand in front of us. "I heard from a little birdy that you two were now an item. And well I wanted to come and give you my congratulations. You two seem to be even more pathetic together than you are apart." He said laughing.

"Is there a point to this conversation Richards? Because George and I are trying to eat, and I am having great difficulty in keeping my food down with you around." I said back to him, much to his surprise. Shock registered on his face before he bent down to whisper into my ear.

"Don't test me Tonks, because I can make your life disappear." He growled lowly so only I could here, before he stormed out of the room Than and Crevan, but not before Crevan shot me a worried look.

"What's with Donovan today?" George asked out from around a slice of toast.

"I don't know, maybe he has a stomachache." I lied to him, hopefully convincingly.

"Maybe, he did look to be in some sort of pain." George laughed, before he grimaced, turning pale in the process. I turned to look for the cause of this and I found it when I saw a certain Professor, black cloak and all, making his way towards us.

"Weasley a word..." Sneered the potions master, Professor Snape. Silently George stood up and followed Snape towards the entrance hall. A few moments later George came back looking very unhappy.

"What's wrong?" I asked, standing up so that I was closer to his height.

"I've just been given detention for the whole day, starting now." He grumbled.

"What? Why?" I asked confused, detention for the whole day, which is practically unheard of.

"For punching Malfoy in the nose. Snape says I should be grateful to him since he persuaded Draco not to tell his father, therefore keeping my dad in a job." He said, picking up his bag from the floor.

"Do you really think that Mr. Malfoy would have gotten your dad fired?" I asked.

"I wouldn't put it past him. I'm sorry Ari, I had the whole day planned out for us and now it's ruined. Maybe I should stop planning - they never seem to come to pass." He said smiling sadly at me.

"Don't do that! We can always do what you planned next weekend." I said before I rose up on my tiptoes and pressed my lips to his cheek.

"Save me a seat at lunch?" He asked hopefully, he should know better than to ask now... I always do.

"Don't I always." I said to his back as he made his way towards Professor Snape, leaving me alone in the Great Hall. No doubt a few pairs of eyes looking at me. Not wanting to stay there on my own for too long I quickly finished my breakfast and grabbed my bag, heading towards the library. I had a potions essay to finish.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was just putting the finishing touches onto my essay when my quill was snatched out of my hand. I spun round quickly to see the culprit, standing above me with a serious expression on his face, Crevan Donovan.

"Hello there, Ariella." He said, turning my speckled feathered quill around in his hand.

"Crevan. Can I have my quill back please?" I said coldly to the Slytherin before me.

"Hang on a second there, sweetheart. I want to have a little chat with you." He said, walking around the desk that I was working at and pulled out the chair opposite me.

"What do you want? I'm trying to work." I asked impatiently.

"So you and Weasley then? To be honest I was wondering when he was going to ask you. He's been pining for years. Glad to see he worked up the courage." He said, completely out of the blue.

"I don't see how my relationship with George is any of your business." I snapped.

"Aw come on Ariella, don't be like that. We used to be friends."

"Yes. Important word in that sentence is used to. We used to be friends. You stopped being my friend when you said nothing when Farren first called me a mudblood." I said coldly as I watched him flinch at the word mudblood.

"I've never called you that. Ari, I miss having you as my friend. And I hope that one day you can forgive me and we can be like we used to be." He said looking hopefully at me, handing me my quill back.

"You may not have said it but by saying nothing in my defence you may as well have. I don't know right now Crevan. We'll see." I said as I picked up my quill and continued working again, not realizing when he slipped a piece of parchment into my bag before leaving the library.