|Chapter Thirty-Two ~ The Yule Ball|

"Ginny! Have you seen my curling wand?" I called into the bathroom where Ginny was getting ready. Hermione and I, being muggle borns, were familiar with the beauty products such as that, whereas Ginny had no idea what they were.

"What does it look like?" She called back through the bathroom door.

"Umm, round, thin, looks a bit like a wand." I said, turning to look at Hermione, who was sat in front of the vanity mirror.

"Um yeah it's here." Ginny said opening up the door just a crack large enough to fit her arm through, and in her hand was the curling wand.

"Thanks!" I called before the door slammed shut again. "Right then Hermione... how about a half up and half down do?" I asked her, playing with her now straight, thanks to magic, hair.

"Yeah, that sounds good." She said, smiling at me as I curled strand after strand of her hair. My own hair was currently wrapped around large, heated curlers that when I released the hair it would be nice, big, soft waves before I could style it in a low bun. Well hopefully. "That's it you're done!" I said to Hermione, pinning up the last section of hair before letting her up, just as Ginny came out all dressed up. "Aw, Ginny you look so cute!" I said to the ginger girl as she emerged in her long pink and green dress.

"Thanks, the bathroom is all yours now." She said smiling, before picking up her shoes ready to put on.

I stood in the mirror, looking at myself before I pulled out my wand and muttered the beautifying spell that was supposed to do everything for you.

"Ornandum." I muttered, before placing my wand on the side of the sink. I watched as the enchantment applied my make up, fixed my hair and cover up any blemishes, including the small scar. Sighing, I pulled my dress on before stepping into my shoes and exiting the small, confined space of the bathroom. "Lets go wow some boys." I said winking at the two girls who were both waiting for me.

- - - - - - - - -

"You go first." Hermione hissed at me, pushing me towards the entrance hall that led into the Great hall. That was where all the boys were waiting for their dates. Ginny had already descended the stairs towards Neville and entered the ice-decorated hall about ten minutes ago!

"Fine. But if you're not down in ten minutes so help me Merlin you will wish that you had trainers on!" I hissed back before descending the stairs.

"Hello Madame." George said as I walked down the stairs towards him. "You look amazing." He breathed as I cam to a stop next to him, nearly the same height as him thanks to my heels.

"Thanks. Just wait till you see Hermione." I said smiling at him, looking at the stairway entrance.

"I don't care about what Hermione looks like, she's not my girlfriend." He said, smiling down at me. "You did a good job finding your dress." George whispered as he walked us over to the door to the Great hall.

"Ah, Miss Tonks, Mr Weasley where are you going?" Professor McGonagall asked as she came rushing up to us. Stopping us before we got into the hall.

"Umm we were going to join the ball." I said confused with why she was asking.

"Oh no, you're a champion. You have to lead the first dance." She said before rushing over to Harry, presumably to tell him the same thing. Gasps all around us let me know that Hermione had entered the room.

"She looks beautiful..." I heard Parvati Patil gasp as she glimpsed Hermione for the first time. But I wasn't looking at Hermione I was too busy looking at George.

"Right, I want you in the order you were selected." Professor McGonagall demanded of us. She watched us as we rearranged ourselves in that order before she flung open the heavy doors to the great hall.

The students parted for us, like the Red Sea did for Moses, as we made our way to the centre of the dance floor. We stopped and prepared to start the dance, George's hands resting one in my palm and one on my waist.

"Good job McGonagall prepared us." George whispered sarcastically, before the music struck up and we were twirling around the floor. Eventually more and more couples started joining us on the dance floor.

"Aw, look at Ginny and Neville." I said to George as he led us towards them.

"Yeah it's great." George said grumpily, obviously not meaning what he said.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" Professor Flitwick called, as everyone was finishing up his or her dinners'. "It brings me great pleasure to introduce tonight's entertainment... The Weird Sisters!" Flitwick said, moving out of the way for the very hairy band that wore all black robes that were strategically ripped. At his announcement the whole crowed screamed and surged the stage. The Weird Sisters are one of the most popular bands in the wizarding world and I think that many people were surprised that Professor Dumbledore hired them.

Pulling George along behind me, I had managed to push our way through to the front of the crowd.

"Good evening Hogwarts! Are you ready to party?" Myron Wagtail, the lead singer, yelled to the crowed who replied with yells back before the band burst into their number one single 'Do The Hippogriff'.

By about their fifth song, the crowd was pushing more and more forward, crowding me and pushing me into the side of the stage. The temperature of the room rose from manageable to unbearable and my mouth became parched.

"Do you want to go get a drink?" I yelled at George, tugging on his plain, dark blue dress robes (which were identical to Fred's).

"Yes." He said, grabbing my hand before he started pushing his way through the crowed pulling me along behind him. "I think that bloke from Durmstrang broke three of my ribs with the amount of force he was pushing me into the stage." He said laughing.

We were just talking in the corner of the room when George just suddenly steps into me, cupping his hands around my face. Cradling my face before he bends down and pressed a soft kiss to my lips. It was short but full of love. He pulled back slightly, resting his forehead against my own. "I love you." He whispered, before pecking my lips again once more.

"I love you too." I said, sinking into his body and turning my attention to the dancing and screaming students near the stage.

- - - - - - - - - -

We had danced with so many people; Hermione and Victor, Cedric and Cho, Fleur and Roger Davis (a seventh year Ravenclaw student), Ginny and Neville and, of course, Fred and Angelina. I had danced so much I was surprised I could even stand up straight.

"Alright Hogwarts, we're going to slow it down now for the final dance of the evening." Myron said down the microphone before the band started playing the slow song of the evening.

As George was swaying me I saw Ron interrupt Hermione and Victors dance. I watched in horror as he said something snide to Victor before grabbing Hermione and dragging her off outside.

"Your brother really knows how to spoil an evening." I said to George, before I leaned my head on his shoulder, looping my hands around his neck instead of on his shoulders. Taking it as encouragement he rested his hands on the small of my back.

"Do you think one day they'll realise that they love each other?" George asked, before sighing and resting his cheek on the top of my head.

"Probably not." I said chuckling slightly. "But I really hope so."