|Chapter Sixteen ~ Jealousy and Confessions|

Fred and I rushed outside to watch the arrival along with the rest of the students, George however decided not to follow us.

"How do you think they're getting here? Portkey?" I asked.

"No idea." Fred said as he was looking around for any signs.

"There the lake!" A second year called and everyone rushed over to the side to try and get a look at what the second year was talking about.

"Is that a ships mast? Coming out of the water?" I asked Fred. Not a moment later the full ship came surging up, disrupting the smooth surface of the lake.

"Look the sky!" A fifth year squealed. We all turned and looked to the sky as a carriage being pulled by winged horses descended rapidly.

"Hogwarts students! Please make your way to the great hall!" Professor McGonagall called from the stairs of the courtyard.

Fred and I walked down to the great hall to await the official arrival of the other schools that were to going to be staying with us. Chatting about the slightly underwhelming entrance of the schools. I wasn't surprised to see George already there, saving us two seats next to him for his brother and me. Once I saw him, sat there, grinning at us I pulled Fred to a stop just inside the entrance, confusion spreading onto George's face.

"Fred... Are you sure you can't tell me who this girl is? I thought we promised to never keep something from each other, and you and George are definitely keeping me in the dark about this." I said to my so-called best friend.

"I wish I could tell you Ari, but George made me swear not to tell you. And you know how the saying goes... Bros before hoes." Fred said quickly before he scampered off to join George before I could snap my hand back and strike him across his left cheek in a swift slap. I stomped after him as he ran to his 'older' brother, like a scared dog with his tail in-between his legs. Coward Fred, that was very cowardly.

I settled on the left side of George with Fred on his right, Fred trying to put as much distance between him and me.

"What was that all about?" George asked lowly as he leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"Your darling brother just called me a hoe." I snapped back, not even bothering to turn and look at him. Although, I did happen to hear a small thud and a low hiss come from the direction of Fred. I sat, silently, through Professor Dumbledore's short introduction of the first visiting school, Beauxbatons.

All the male's heads followed the ladies in blue and the testosterone level spiked as they walked past the tables, making their way towards the front of the room and heading off into the direction of the Ravenclaw table.

"Bloody Hell." I heard Ron groan as he grabbed onto Harry's robes tugging on them to get their attention. I rolled my eyes and turned to look at the twins sat beside me. Fred was mimicking his younger brother and starring as though his life depended on it, whilst George was, strangely enough, looking at me.

"That's one big woman." I heard Seamus Finnegan mutter as a dark figure walked past, casting a shadow over George and I.

After all the girls had finished flouncing about Dumbledore announced the other school, an all boy's school, Durmstrang. They came storming through the door, their long fur coats swinging and brushing against the metal buckles that kept their brown leather boots on their feet. They all carried staffs, doing impressive tricks and flips with them. I watched in awe.

George's P.O.V

How had I managed to hide my love for her I will never know! She is so beautiful; she always had been. I knew from the moment I laid my eyes on her when I was a scrawny eleven-year-old that I loved her, and that we were destined to be together, well I hoped so anyway.

Waking up with her in my arms and her beautiful face, despite her being half asleep, being the first thing that I experienced that day I was sure I was still asleep and dreaming. It wasn't unusual for to me have dreams about her. I am slightly ashamed to admit that I have had a few daydreams about her just because of some small, insignificant words she may say.

Her long luscious brown hair always hangs down her back these days, touching her silky-smooth skin at the bare skin of her arms. Her dark brown eyes always glinting with mischief, especially when we were up to something.

There was no doubt in my mind that she was attractive, in fact I was reminded daily with threats about someone else getting in and 'snapping' her up if I didn't tell her soon enough, as Fred so delicately put it. Just this afternoon I was reminded by the fact that she had other admirers, one being one of them being my slimy git of a roommate, Cormac McLaggen.

Cormac had come into our dorm saying how he had passed her in the corridor and how he wouldn't have minded having a little chat - if we knew what he meant. Fred had to practically wrap me into a headlock to stop me from attacking him.

I watched her talking to my brother only moments ago, commanding my attention as soon as she stepped into the same room as me. But then again, she always has my attention. Fred suddenly came running down the aisle, telling me to sit in the middle today, an angry looking Ariella stomping after him and taking the other available seat next to me. I sat there in silence, just waiting a few moments whilst she cooled down.

"What was that all about?" I asked lowly as I leant over her and whispered in her ear, breathing in her intoxicating scent.

"Your darling brother just called me a hoe." She hissed angrily at me. I sucked in a breath through my teeth before I turned towards my guilty looking twin, not hesitating to smack him around his head... hard!

"Join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons and their headmistress Madame Maxine!" Dumbledore called just as the doors to the great hall banged open. All I saw was blue, I quickly realized what I was doing and turned to look at Ariella, using this opportunity to examine every inch of her flawless porcelain skin. Suddenly she turned to look at me, her eyes making that instant connection that I knew she felt as well. It was that moment that I decided I would tell her that I was in love with her. Well... that was the plan. Obviously, I faltered when I saw her looking in awe at a lot of, very good-looking, Bulgarian boys from Durmstrang. I couldn't control my mouth.

"I love you!" I yelled out, causing everyone to turn and look at me with shocked eyes.

"Smooth twin, smooth." My brother said quietly.

Ariella's P.O.V

"I love you!" I heard George blurt out loudly. I couldn't believe my ears, was he talking to me? I turned to look at him, his flushed face looking at the space just above my head. Confused and upset I ran; I ran from the man I loved. I ran like the coward I was, and I ran like a bat out of hell.