|Chapter Ten ~ The Confrontation|

All through the sorting (which was a lengthy process... I swear there are always more and more people enrolling every new year) and dinner, Hermione and Ginny kept on giving me these looks as if to say, 'You will tell us or we will force it out of you'. Yeah you know, that look... and I had no doubt that they would not fall short on their threat. They could be forces to be reckoned with when they put their minds to it. I just sat there, sending them one of my own glares, in between the twins who were still inhaling food and this was their fifth helping!

"Will you two slow down?" I asked in disbelief as they both reached for a sixth helping of chicken.

"Umm... No!" They both said at the same time before stuffing more food in their mouths. Suddenly, Professor Dumbledore stood and stepped out from behind the teacher's table before he strode to the centre of the raised area where his lectern waited for him.

"Good evening, and welcome back to another year at Hogwarts. I just have a few announcements before you all pop off back to your dorms and go to bed before a busy day tomorrow. Firstly, this year there will be no Quidditch tournament or house cup." As soon as Dumbledore announced that there wasn't going to be a Quidditch tournament, loud murmurs sounded throughout the hall. I myself groaned in protest along with Fred, George and Ginny. Angelina looked like she was going to burst into tears.

"Silence! There will be no Quidditch tournament... because Hogwarts will be the host of a very special, magical event that will bring the three biggest international magical schools together. Our guests will arrive on this day next week. You will be given the afternoon off in order to prepare for their arrival. Now, it's getting late. Prefects please lead your houses to their common rooms." Professor Dumbledore said, dismissing us. We all rose from our seats, excited chatter everywhere. However there were still a few grumbles about there being no Quidditch.

"I wonder what it this 'event' is?" George asked as he came beside me as we walked up the stairs, carefully watching them as they shifted to other floors, startling the first years. That always startled students, especially muggle borns like myself.

"Whatever it is, I bet Angelina isn't happy with it. Her whole training schedule has been thrown out of the window now. Bless her, she had been working so hard on it during summer." I said. We were now up on the seventh floor and waiting by the portrait of the fat lady to stop singing. Pardon me, trying to sing. Once she had finally finished... showcasing her talents, all of the eager Gryffindors that had lingered around the portrait rushed in, in hopes of claiming the red sofa by the fire.

The common room was decorated with red and gold, the house colours. Everywhere you went in here there was red and gold. You couldn't see anything without red and gold being in your line of vision. And that was just how I liked it.

"Georgie... you wouldn't mind us borrowing your lovely friend here for a moment, would you?" Ginny asked, popping out of seemingly no-where. Hermione joining her a few seconds later.

"Hmm... I've got a feeling that if I say no you're going to hurt me but if I say yes, she's going to hurt me... hmm... Sure go ahead." He said, smiling devilishly at me.

"Wrong choice Mr. Weasley... wrong choice!" I yelled as I was dragged away from him and shoved into a chair in the corner of the room, far away from everybody else.

"So... Spill!" Hermione said, pulling up a chair to sit opposite, Ginny following her lead.

"Well... IkindalikeGeorge!" I said in a rush, not really very sure whether they heard me or not, blushing all the same.

"Sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Can you repeat it please?" Ginny asked leaning forward, straining to hear.

"I said... I kind of like George..." I said quietly.

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" Ginny screamed causing everyone that was still in the common room, which was basically everyone apart from the first and second years, to turn and look at us.

"What did you know Ginny?" Fred asked walking up to us, flanked by George and Lee.

"Oh just that she likes Ge..." Ginny started before I flew at her, covering her mouth with my hand to stop her saying his name.

"General food. I like general food that's what she said. Wow, is that the time? Best be going to bed, come on Ginny and Hermione." I said letting go of Ginny's mouth and dragging her and Hermione upstairs towards the girl dormitories before either one of them could say anything to the three boys who were now giving me questioning looks. Pausing on my way up to the girl's dorms only to see the rooming list, thankfully I was sharing with these two. Although we were in different years we were mixed when it came to room sharing. I think McGonagall likes to think that the older students are a good example for the younger ones, of course she couldn't be more wrong.

"Why did you stop me?" Ginny asked confused.

"Because Gin, I don't want to tell him. What if he just sees me as a friend, I could potentially ruin my friendship and I'd rather has him as a friend then not in my life at all." I said, throwing myself down on the bed closest to the window, claiming it as mine in the process. "Could you imagine how awkward that would be with the twins."

"Oh you wouldn't have lost his friendship that's for sure. But you would have gained something more." Hermione said, setting her stuff down on one of the beds beside mine.

"And what would I have gained?" I asked, turning to look at her.

"Love my friend." She said in her know it all voice. This caused me to flush with embarrassment. I looked around the room, distracting myself and noticed that there were only four beds... meaning that it was just going to be us three and one other student who probably wouldn't be in here much.

I got up and dragged my trunk, which I only just realized was near the door, and placed it at the end of my bed. I started the gruelling task of unpacking all of my belongings and placing them in their rightful place for the year. "What do you think that your school schedule will be like this year Ella? You want to be an Auror right?" Hermione asked.

An Auror was a specially trained witch or wizard that was part of an elite group that caught dark wizards. They were usually the followers of the dark lord and I'd heard that they could be pretty nasty. Some of the dark wizards were even aurors gone bad... not good, not good at all!

"Yeah I do, which means I had to take potions. So that means I get Sniveling Severus Snape... woo!" I said with fake enthusiasm as I opened the window and let Jannah fly off to the Owlery. "Anyway I think I'm going to go to bed now." I said before I quickly changed and got into bed. Falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.