Center Of Attention

Before going back to class, I shake off the pain Lady's comment inflicted on me. I am able to get through the afternoon because I know I'll be meeting up with Quincey later on. That thought alone makes me hold on, I can't wait to see him. 

As promised, Quincey comes to pick me up after class. He finished a little earlier than me so he waited in front of my class.

"First to come out this time?" Quincey says. "Why are you in such a hurry?"

"Try to guess."

"Hmm," he pretends to be in deep thought. "What could it be?"

I hold in a laugh as I walk past him. We make our way out of school together and I'm so on top of the world I ignore the nasty looks some girls give me. 

"Miss Dugray," Quincey opens the door of the car for me.

"Why thank you Mr Mason," I get in. 

As soon as Quincey enters, we hear the door at the back open as someone hops in behind me.

"Waaah, nice ride," the person says.

"Orson?" Quincey and I turn to him.

"I didn't know you bought a car," he puts on his seat belt. "You could have offered to drop me off."

"Get out," Quincey scowls at him.

"Why?"

"I'm hanging out with Shannon today. Just us. Not you and us."

"It's ok," I intervene. "We can drop him on our way."

"I don't want to. He can take the bus, he's a big boy."

"Please," Orson leans forward. "I'm really tired I don't even have the strength to walk to the bus stop."

"That's none of my business."

"Quincey," I make him face me. "try to be a little considerate. How long will it take to stop by his house?"

He opens his mouth to say something but takes in a breath instead. 

"Fine," he accepts.

"Thanks Shannon," Orson says.

Quincey and I put on our seat belts as Orson makes himself comfortable closing his eyes to take a little nap. 

"Phew," another person hops in behind Quincey. "Just in time."

"Kenneth," I turn to him. "Uh... Hi."

"No, no, no, no," Quincey grumbles squeezing the wheel.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes!" Kenneth puts on his seat belt. 

"Go away," Quincey looks at him through the rear view mirror. "I will not move an inch until the both of you get out."

"You agreed to take me," Orson says still with his eyes closed. "I believe you're a man of your word."

"I don't live that far," Kenneth taps Quincey's arm. "I won't disturb you guys for long."

"That's not the point. I'm not a taxi driver!"

"Now, now," Kenneth reaches out to massage Quincey's shoulders. "Calm down. Driving your friends home is not going to kill you."

"He's right," I defend them. "It's no big deal, why are you being so uncooperative?"

"Because the more time I spend driving these guys around, means that we have less time to spend together!"

"Oh..."

"Hmm hmm," Kenneth chants, "What's this? When exactly did you love birds become an item?"

"What?" I'm surprised that he'd ask something like that. "W-we're not-"