Forever Yours

I can not believe what's happening. 

When Kathy told me about her 'predicament', I could hardly believe it. But then 'it', actually happening to me, makes even less sense. It's the kind of thing you hear about, not something you experience for real. 

I don't understand what's going on, and I don't understand my reaction, or rather the lack thereof. I always thought I would be courageous in a situation like this. Even Kathy acknowledged I would be: 

"If I had half, or even a tiny bit of your courage and boldness, I wouldn't have been so helpless."

Where are they? Where is that courage? Where is my boldness? Gone. I search within myself, but there's nothing. Kathy got punched in the stomach, and still tried to escape, until she was strangled. Yet here I am, too scared to move an inch.  

I always rolled my eyes at some of the girls this happened to in movies, mocking the whole scene for being unrealistic. Yet here I am, feeling like my brain has been shut down. My limbs don't feel like they are mine, they can't be. If they were, they would fight. After all, I'm Shannon Dugray; sassy, troublesome, feisty and so much more. So in this kind of situation, my arms and legs should do something, anything. But they aren't. 

They are not doing a thing because... I'm petrified. 

Struggling is useless. Even if somehow I'm able to get his hand off my mouth and scream for help, who would hear me? No one was nearby when I entered, and from what I remember, in the main room of the restaurant, there's a football match on the television. Plus the radio is on, broadcasting a song that made those who weren't watching the match sing along cheerfully. 

As I feel Zane's tongue slowly lick my neck, I'm unable to hold back the tears that stream down my cheeks. 

This is really happening. 

Now, I'm at the stage where I'm hoping that he doesn't make this torture last too long. At least if I stay still, he won't be violent. He won't hit me if I don't annoy him. He promised to be gentle. I just have to put up with it for a while. Only a little while. This won't last forever. 

Quincey... 

In spite of my distress, somehow, at this moment, the only thing I can think of is the first kiss that was softly laid on my lips by the only boy I have ever loved. My boyfriend. The love of my life. My Quincey.

I think of his smile, that always brightens my day. The tender look in his eyes, that makes me feel special. The warmth of his embrace, that makes me feel safe. 

The day he laid his lips on mine for the first time, I was the happiest girl on planet earth. He was so gentle, and he made me feel comfortable, as he always does. It was perfect. 

Zane moans, bringing me back to my awful reality. After he has had enough of devouring my neck like a slimy leech, he decides to go further. 

First, with hungry eyes and accelerated breathing, he unravels the bow above my chest in an excruciatingly slow motion, then slides his fingers underneath my blouse and the strap of my bra. 

However, just as he is about to yank them down, he jolts.   

"Crap!"

Something just happened, but I missed it. I think it was a noise, coming out of nowhere. We hear it again, and my senses are able to interpret it this time. 

The door. 

It's the door! Someone is jiggling the handle, trying to enter.

"Shannon?" I faintly hear Kathy's voice call me.