Woven Hearts (End)

I thank Quincey again for coming back to me and he explains how he left Lorenzo alone when he decided to make up with me. He only helped for a few minutes before taking a cab and rushing to me. Lorenzo seemed offended and Quincey did feel bad, but now he couldn't be happier about the decision he made.    

By the time Quincey and I come out of the rest room, after he has asked me a thousand times if I'm alright, the restaurant is almost empty.  

"When I tell you that he went nuts, I'm not joking," we hear Kenneth's voice before we see him.

He is by the bar, narrating what happened with exaggerated hand gestures as Lady, Cindy, Tiffany and Orson listen attentively. 

With an arm around Tiffany's shoulder, Orson leans even closer to whisper what I suppose are reassuring words in her ear and she nods. I know they are worrying about me and that it's a solemn moment, but I'm just so happy to see them together I can't stop the smile that drifts across my face. 

Not too far from them I spot James and Mandy in a corner facing each other. She's laughing way too much and I'm sure what ever stain she keeps removing from his sleeve is long gone. I merely supposed at first, but now she seems to be making her interest in him very obvious. Not that I care, but still he's fourteen it has got be illegal.

"Luckily you were there to stop him," Lady rubs Kenneth's back as she looks up at him. "Good job."

"He really wasn't going to stop?" Cindy asks.  

"He completely lost it! I've never seen Quincey like that before, the expression on his face, the look in his eyes," Kenneth shivers. "I don't know how to describe it more than I already have. I'm just thankful that there was no baseball bat or anything potentially dangerous around us if not he would have used it on Zane."

"Yeah I would have," Quincey says as we approach and they turn to us.

"Shasha!" Tiffany rushes to me. "Oh my goodness!" She gives me a quick hug, then guides me to the sofa like I'm invalid as the others follow behind. "Are you OK?" 

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Like Kenneth was telling you, Quincey was just in time, so more than anything right now I just feel very relieved."

They look at me as if they don't believe a word I'm saying.

"Guys I'm really OK," I smile to them as I sit and lean on the arm of the sofa. "No emotional or physical scars, so please sit down and stop making me feel uneasy."

Keeping their eyes on me, they settle down. However, Tiffany and Quincey bump into each other as they both aim for the space next to me. 

"Ahem," Tiffany scowls at him.

"Ahem, Ahem," Quincey gestures for her to move, but she doesn't budge. 

"You spent the last thirty minutes alone with her!"

"So what?"

"It's my turn!"

"Tiff, please try to act like a grown up."

"Actually," I intervene. "I'd like Titi next to me for now if you don't mind."

"What?" 

"You heard her," Tiffany pushes him away refusing to give him time to elaborate an argument. 

She sits next to me and Quincey glares at her but she pays no attention to him. 

"I'll be glad to welcome you near me," Orson, seated on the sofa opposite us with Lady and Kenneth, waves at Quincey.

"Fine," he grumbles at Tiffany, who too occupied arranging my hair then fluffing a pillow behind my back, doesn't notice. "Wow," Quincey lets out a little laugh as soon as he sits beside Orson. "What happened to you?"