Six Seconds

In only a few hours of meeting him, Orson had already become someone I knew I would never forget. He saved my life, and the next moment he was able to take all my sorrows away. Even now, I sometimes wonder how he showed up in my life out of the blue, at the precise moment I needed him the most. He sang a few other classic french songs like "La vie en rose" by Edith Piaf or "For me formidable" by Charles Aznavour.

"Tired?" Lorenzo asked me, as I sat on a stool at the bar behind which he was drying glass cups and plates with a dish cloth.

"I'm fine actually," I replied stretching a bit then resting my arms on the bar, "the girls couldn't take it anymore though, they're gone."

"The guys are gone too," Lorenzo shook his head in disappointment, "weaklings."

"Lorenzo."

"What? They didn't even do as much as Mandy and the girls."

I chuckled, Kieth and Brandon actually ran off earlier than the girls seeing as the place got more and more full, they realized the amount of work they'd have to do and decided it was best to escape. At least Mandy and the girls gave their best before giving up and leaving the rest to the other servers. It was around 2:30 pm, people had finished eating so the restaurant was becoming empty. Orson was at the door trapped by a few girls.

"He got popular quickly," Lorenzo stated gesturing at Orson.

"Hmm," I turned back to look at the new star. "He did very well, it's normal."

"It's not going to be easy to keep him for yourself."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean sweetie," Lorenzo wriggled his brows.

"Oh come on, I just met him!"

"I didn't say you were going to marry him."

"Whatever," I giggled. "It's not like anything can happen anyway. I have never had a boyfriend in the 18 years I've spent on this earth because of a few overprotective people in my life."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Lorenzo looked away then started whistling.

I already knew for a fact that Orson had scored a lot of points with him, merely because of the amount of money Lorenzo earned that day. I got up from the stool and walked to the wall Lorenzo uses to display what he calls the family album next to the bar.

"Oh! There are some new entries," I raised my brows surprised.

"I still don't get how you're always able to spot the new pictures among so many," Lorenzo marveled.

I removed the small pin from the top of a picture in which Lady and Kenneth were seen cuddling each other.

"Ah," I sighed after looking at it for a bit, "relationship goals."

Lorenzo came closer to see what I was looking at.

"Uh-huh," he said once he got a glance of the picture. Then he went back to what he was doing. "Those two are solid for life, I can tell."

"That's not a scoop, everyone already knows."

As I put the picture back, another interesting one caught my eye.

"Oh! Oh!" I excitedly took it off the wall. "I didn't see this. Wasn't it a few days ago?"

It was, like most of Lorenzo's pictures, taken at the right moment. We could see a guy sitting next to Shasha with his arm rested on the couch behind her head. I actually remembered the guy, he was a stubborn one, but handsome enough for Shasha to let him at least try to keep her attention. What I had not noticed however, was the look on Quincey's face as he stared at them, sitting on another couch next to them, beside Kenneth and someone else. If glares could kill, the guy would have been dead and buried.