Addicted

I'm slowly gaining consciousness again as I vaguely remember Quincey lead me to the sofa in the sitting room where I immediately dozed off. 

They say the human body is made of around seventy percent of water, I'm pretty sure I drained out half of it. I cried so much it's going to take a while for another tear to be able to fall. 

"Are you awake?"

My eyes slowly open to see Quincey next to me. He's sitting on the floor with an elbow on the arm of the sofa near my head. I wish I could become smaller and curl up so that every inch of me can be covered by his reassuring shadow. 

"You're still here? I thought you'd left."

"You want me to leave?" 

I don't reply but my silence says it all.  

Quincey leans forward a bit more and I notice that his eyes seem to sparkle. I can look into them for hours without getting bored. They bring me back to the memory of his arms wrapped firmly around me and I'm craving for another hug.

I raise my hand to touch his face, my index and middle finger walk from his chin to his cheek, making their way to his forehead at a very slow pace. He doesn't budge, letting me do what I want. 

"What's this?" I notice a red mark on his other cheek.

"Ah," he holds my hand before I can reach the wound. "It's nothing."

"What happened? It wasn't there at school."

"Yeah well," he places my hand on the sofa, "there was a price to pay to get here."

"A price?"

"Are you hungry?"

"Quincey."

He cracks a smile then stands up. I sit up to continue the interrogation but I notice the bandage on my knee.

"Oh," I stroke it admiring how well it was done. "When did you..."

"While you were snoring."

"While I was-" I gasp and cover my mouth. "Liar! I don't snore."

"If you say so," he shrugs then walks out of the living room.

"Hey!" I follow him worried that I may have snored like a pig. "Is it true?"

"What?" He enters the kitchen then starts to look through the cupboards. "Your snoring?"

"I didn't even sleep for that long."

"Doesn't matter."

"I don't snore."

"OK then," He opens the fridge and scans it as well. "Case closed."

"Yes. I know it's a lie. You're just messing with me- oh!"

Quincey lifts me up suddenly. A familiar sensation flows through my body as I find myself in mid-air for a second. With much agility he makes me sit on the table opposite the sink.

"What do you want to eat?" He says as he traps me in his space placing both hands close to each side of my thighs on the table. "I'll cook."

I didn't have enough time to settle my pulse so my mind is a little blurry.

"Aren't you hungry?" he asks.

"I... er... I guess," he's too close for me to concentrate on what's coming out of my mouth.

"Let's do a quickie then. Carbonara?"

He takes my silence for a yes, then turns around and proceeds to bring out the utensils and the ingredients. As I look at him put water into a pot he puts on the fire to cook the spaghetti, I'm blown away by how good looking he is even from the back.