Prince Charming

We were at the beginning of our final year of high school, at Westmount High. That summer was the first Tiffany - a.k.a the traitor- and I spent apart. My mum's little sister, the youngest one, had just separated from her husband, they got a divorce. It seems to run in the family, maybe it's some kind of curse.

Anyway, dad thought it was our duty as a family to go and support her. Now I love my aunt, but she lives on the other side of the country! So, I was not happy to go, not at all. After the summer break that was supposed to be refreshing, I came back to school in a bad mood because I hadn't been with Tiffany for so long.

Of course, we called each other everyday, but it was not the same. We had never been separated for that long before, and I missed her terribly. But, since I came back the day before resuming school, tired, and annoyed, I only saw her on the first day of school.

"Titi!", I exclaimed when I saw her, "you're finally here".

I ran to her and jumped into her arms.

"My little Sha," she hugged me tightly, rocking me sideways. "I missed you so much!"

"Why are you late?" I asked moving back a bit to look at her.

"What? I'm ten minutes early. Plus, you were not there to wake me up today," she giggled.

"Don't worry," I hugged her again, wrapped my hands around her neck and buried my face in it. "From now on, I'll never leave you."

She giggled again.

"By the way, how's your aunt? Better?" She asked after we pulled away from each other but still holding hands.

"So so. I told you, she cried everyday, and talked about her precious Cameron over and over again."

"He became gay right?"

"Yeah," I sighed remembering my aunt's whining.

I personally don't know how I would have reacted in that kind of situation. But, even though I complained about her, I know my reaction would have been ten times worse, ten times more dramatic than my aunt's. Tiffany on the other hand would have helped uncle Cameron adapt to his new life.

"Heyyy TiSha!" a voice sang, "It's about time to cut the apron strings!"

We didn't need to turn around to know it was Cindy.

"Hey Shannon," she said after catching up to us, " we didn't see much of you this summer right?"

"You mean not at all," I replied, not offended that she forgot I wouldn't be around even though I had repeated it so many times.

Actually I knew that between the two of us, our friends preferred Tiffany, but I didn't mind. It's normal, she's the one with the nice personality, kind and empathetic.

"I was with my aunt," I answered.

"Ah yeah!" Cindy recalled. "That's right, you told us. Poor thing, I hope she's hanging in there."

"I guess she is."

"In any case, know that it was very hard for Tiffany without you."

"You'll have to find a way to make up for it," Lady added as she came closer, held lovingly by her prince.

He held her by the waist with one hand and had his can of Fanta in the other. Kenneth is obsessed with that drink.

"Oh you guys are still together?" I teased when they caught up with us. "Unbelievable!"

"When's the marriage?" Tiffany added.

We laughed and at that point, I was a bit surprised that Kenneth had not yet come up with a stupid one liner joke which as usual would only be funny to Lady, he seemed a bit solemn.

"We haven't talk about it yet," Lady replied as she intertwined her fingers around his neck. They looked into each others eyes, his features loosened and he smiled to her. Without looking at us she added: "we'll inform you when the time comes".

"You'd better Kenneth," Cindy said.

"By the way, where's Quincey?" Tiffany asked. "Hasn't he come yet?"

"I don't think so," Cindy answered. "But you know him, he'll probably get here when the bell rings the second time, at the latest..." she trailed off as we looked at the two love birds Eskimo kiss.

Lady held Kenneth's hand, used it to bring the rest of his drink to her lips and finished it, then they giggled and continued nose flirting. Tiffany and I shook our heads. You'd think that after being together for so long, Lady and Kenneth would have become like an old couple. Well no, on the contrary, somehow it seemed to get worse.

"Hey!" Cindy exclaimed. "Can't you guys go and do that somewhere else? Or at least not in front of us?"

"This is my man," Lady retorted, slightly pulling away from Kenneth. "I do what I want. Jealous?"

"You've asked me the question before," Cindy replied, "and for the last time, yes I am. Why do I have to repeat myself?!"

That's when it happened. During our banal conversation, as the others debated on whether Lady and Kenneth should calm down on the PDA, that's when I saw him for the first time.

I don't remember why I turned to that direction. Maybe an unfamiliar noise, or a breeze, in any case my eyes immediately landed on him. At first I looked at him as he came through the gates of the school because he was just so handsome. He seemed so radiant, captivating. Apart from being elegant and tall, he had blonde hair, like me, and I don't know why that made an impression on me at that moment. I mean, he wasn't the first blonde guy I had seen. Then, I noticed as he walked confidently, but still tried to make his way through the crowd without hitting or pushing anybody. Even when someone mistakenly collided with him, he was the one that said 'sorry'.

My heart couldn't help but squeal at how cute he was. As he came closer, he looked our way, and his eyes met mine. Tiffany, Cindy, Lady and Kenneth's voices faded, there was only me and him. He noticed me looking at him and seemed a bit surprised. But, he smiled to me. It was beautiful, not a creepy one some guys give like "Oh baby you're so fine!" Just a nice hello. I smiled back, and his smile grew larger before he looked away and passed by us. I suddenly noticed that the birds were chirping, singing a lovely melody.

That was the day I decided Orson was the one.

**************

Thanks for reading :)

Episode 2 - Preview:

"Don't mind him Shasha," Tiffany said patting my arm, trying to calm me down.

I let out a frustrated sigh.

"So Miss snob," the imbecile continued anyway, "you're once again honoring us with your presence. This is one too many times though."

"What did you say?!" I don't know why after so long he still got on my nerves so much.

I think you're able to guess who "he" is in this little extract :p