Out Of Sight Out Of Mind?

Tiffany's reflexes will always impress me. Right before Quincey pounces on her, she escapes, like a smart deer trying to outrun a lion. Unfortunately, as we know, the deer rarely gets to escape the claws of the lion. It's only a matter of time till he catches her.

"Please! Please!" I hear her from upstairs where they have moved their battle to. "Calm down, I can explain!"

I shake my head, wondering how I ever believed there was anything more than a platonic relationship between them.

"How childish," I mutter as I bend to pick up Quincey's coat and bag.

"Stop right there!" Quincey's loud voice reaches me as if he's beside me. "Once I get my hands on you you're done for!"

"Just make sure not to break anything!" I yell at the two toddlers as I settle Quincey's things in the living room. "And don't wound yourselves!"

"Aaagh!" I hear Tiffany scream. "Wait! Wait!"

"Quincey! Be nice!"

The chase lasts long enough for me to prepare a cup of tea for myself and two glasses of cold drinks for them, as I consider it more appropriate for them after their physical effort. Juice for Tiffany and a soda for Quincey.

Tiffany comes back into the living room limping, and Quincey seems to have lost two buttons on his dark brown shirt. It's a shame, I like that shirt on him.

"Are you guys done?" I say after I take a sip of my tea.

They look at each other huffing and puffing, but none of them respond.

"I guess you are," the tone of my voice makes them turn to me. "Since you're done, sit down and behave yourselves, no more nonsense."

"He's the one who started-"

"No no," I cut Tiffany off with a hand gesture. "I don't want to hear it. Just sit."

They obey without complaint. I'm on the other sofa further away, but I keep my eyes on them. I barely look away to put my cup of tea down, that I hear Tiffany.

"Ouch!" She whines. "He pinched me!"

"Titi, please."

"But-"

"That's enough."

She grumbles but doesn't say anymore. I notice Quincey's guilty smirk, however I decide not to point it out as that would only lead to another scuffle I don't have the patience for.

"I'm guessing you guys still haven't told Orson?" He says after gulping down his drink.

"Well, I had a great idea while Titi and I were talking yesterday."

"Making it a surprise for his birthday tomorrow?"

"Great minds think alike," I wink at him.

"Shasha!" Tiffany gasps. "We were supposed to call Lady and Cindy."

"Oh right! I completely forgot. By the way babe, have you picked up Orson's present?"

"I was going to, but I wanted to stop by first, since I didn't hear from you today."

"Hurry," I glance at the clock on the wall above them. "The store is going to close soon. I've transferred my share to your account."

"Got it," he gets up and puts on his coat. "James, Kenneth and I will set everything at Lorenzo's tomorrow morning."

"Before you go," Tiffany stands up as well and gestures for me to join them. "There's something I've been wanting to do for years, and now I finally can." Her eyes move from Quincey to me, then out of the blue she pulls us into a group hug. "I love you guys."