The Prince and I

I sincerely disliked Quincey during the first week of being "forced" to hang out with him. But that only lasted a week, because after the ladybird incident, I kind of warmed up to him. Actually, my mind was filled with him. Who knew such a rough, rude guy, could turn out to be so gentle and sweet? I went back home that day thinking about Quincey, about the way he held my hand, about the way he cheered me up. I wanted to see him again, but I didn't know how to act. Did our special moment together mean we were now on good terms, or would we go back to ignoring each other?

I didn't want to fight anymore, all I wanted was for that tall strong boy to be by my side, to hold my hand and take me places. 

"No wonder Tiffany spent so much time with him," I chortled once I was alone in my room, changing my clothes. Then suddenly something popped up in my mind, a thought that would be confirmed later on. "Could it be that she... likes him?" I stopped to think for a bit. "Why else would she sneak around to spend time with him? Does she... Nah," my mind couldn't paint the picture. "She'd tell me if that was the case."

I kept on humming as I shook of the idea of Tiffany x Quincey. But it lingered at the back of my mind as I remembered all the times she talked passionately about him.

The next day, I came to the gym early for my dance session. I had already informed my parents that I was going to stop the dance lessons. They didn't pressure me because they knew why I made that decision.

I loved my dance teacher, Miss Owen, she made me fall in love with dancing. I looked up to her so much, so on the day I accidentally learned about her affair with my uncle, I was heartbroken. I couldn't believe it, he was my favorite uncle, someone I trusted. She was way too young for him, yet, he left his wife and kids to be with her. Miss Owen tried to talk to me, to convince me not to stop, but I didn't give her the time of day. Taking dance lessons would do nothing more than remind me of that betrayal, so I decided to cut Miss Owen off completely and get rid of anything that reminded me of her.

I came early to the studio so that I could be alone. It was actually not easy for me to let go of the passion that had grown in me, which is why I gave myself a countdown, to ease my way out of it. By the end of that week, it would be my last dance session. It wasn't a class, because I came earlier so as not to cross paths with Miss Owen and have a little dance "session" of my own. 

Before, I was indifferent to the fact that Quincey and I were attending the same gym. However, when I came in that morning, even though it was early, I hoped I would be able to at least cross paths with him. 

I stretched to prepare myself for my session. Once I was ready I went ahead to put on the music. Looking at myself in the wide mirror, I felt fresh energy flow through me.

In the gym, our dance studio was at ground floor while the boxing and bodybuilding area was at the floor above us. Instead of having a private room with full brick walls, we had one with a clear glass as the top half. So anyone entering the gym would see us. I guess the idea was for people to either admire our dancing, cheer us on or just make fun. Either way I remember I never liked it, because it was distracting when the boys tapped on the glass trying to draw our attention. 

But that day, I wanted to give a big hug to whoever it was that had the brilliant idea, because, just as I had done a few moves, I saw with the corner of my eye someone approach the clear glass. My heart skipped a bit hoping it was who I thought, no one else would be around at that time. I did my first pirouette slowly, to discretely confirm who it was. Sure enough, it was the one I hoped for, Quincey.